Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Little Nutter

While I'm waiting for my work computer to load, I thought I'd upload some photos and share a couple of things about my little nutter. She's getting into everything lately. Everything. She is not willing to give me any leniency since I'm huge and pregnant, which I will remember. Oh, yes. I will remember.

Here's what she did while I was doing some work this morning:

Photobucket
Note that she has completely removed the toilet paper roll core from the toilet paper holder. That's no easy feat.

Photobucket
I knew I should've been concerned that she was quiet.

Photobucket
She's pretty pleased with herself.

Photobucket
If she weren't so cute, it'd be a lot easier to be mad at her.

Yesterday, I took Nora outside at about 5:30 p.m. to play for awhile. Willis was at a work meeting all day (and all evening), and I hadn't been outside once. It was actually quite nice out there.

As soon as we got out there, Hobbes had to pee for, like, twenty minutes straight (I guess it had been awhile since I had let him out). I walked over to the garage to shut the door on it, and when I turned around to look back toward Nora, I discovered her sticking her hand under Hobbes into his pee stream. I about lost it. I screamed at her, and she just kept on with it (as if I had said nothing). I ran over there, yanked her up, and ran her into the house to wash her hands.

A few moments later, we went back outside. I had her come with me to the front of the house. She was staying close to me, so I started getting a little more confident. I grabbed the hose to water the mums that we have sitting on our stairs out front, and as I was watering the first pot of mums, Nora decided to take off at a dead sprint toward the road. I dropped the hose and went sprinting after her: I was hearing cars coming (so I was running extra fast and freaking out extra hard). We were about two or three feet out into the street before I caught her. You can bet I scolded her pretty hard. The little rat still had a bit of a smirk on her face about it (probably because she saw me sprinting in my current state).

Before I was able to get the hose put away again, the kid had attempted to run back out into the street two more times. She about killed me. I don't know why she did that: she's actually been pretty good about not running out toward the street. I seriously think she finds it amusing that I'm huge and can't catch her easily. She's getting a sense of humor going. Some of it is a bit sadistic, I suppose, but she's got a sense of humor, by golly.

We went inside after that. Well, shortly after. She had to ride on the Bergren's concrete goose (and give it hugs and kisses) that's in their flower bed first. I didn't get any photos of that, but Bill did! I'll see if I can link those for you once he gets them uploaded.

So, yeah. She's kind-of a handful right now. I'm not sure what's up with that. It's a good thing my armpit has healed well 'cause I'd be in serious trouble if it were two weeks ago again. I wonder if she just knows that something's about to change. I don't know. It's weird, though. She's wearin' me out. I hope she isn't still going nutty when this kid arrives. Oi.

She's definitely been doing a lot of flopping her body to the floor and throwing little fits. It's pretty dramalicious. I typically just have to let her have her little fit, and I just wait for her to get done. It seems like each fit is getting a bit shorter, now, though.

What's funny: is she's also gotten all sweet with me all of a sudden. She'll actually stop mid-play now and come to give me a kiss—all on her own accord (she never used to do that). She even gives me some good, quality hugs after I change her diaper, which I'm enjoying. So . . . I suppose all of her behavior isn't terrible right now. It's just that the stuff that's a challenge is really a challenge: like trying to keep her from killin' herself. God help us.

Gah. My work computer is still loading. This could take all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment