Monday, September 8, 2008

Hodge-Podge Post

Check out this footage from Sunday morning. She's so close to cross-crawling, she can almost taste it.



And here she is passed out at lunch from a few days ago.




Good times. She's neat.




In other news, we've been letting Hobbes go to the bathroom outside without putting him on the tie-out. This, initially, worked well, but now that he's getting more comfortable, he likes to wander around the yard aimlessly while we wait and wait for him to finish the job and come back to the house. We have been considering getting an invisible fence, but I'm trying one more thing: treats. I realized yesterday that Hobbes responds incredibly well when he's about to receive a treat (be it a rawhide chew or any other sort of treat). So, I have been showing him a Milkbone treat before he goes outside to encourage him to "be a good boy."

So far, this has gone very well. He does his business, fights distraction, and then comes back to the house right away.

This morning, however, he did something that has me reconsidering this method. He pooped right next to the stairway, and then, he was in such a stinking hurry, he didn't bother to squat or lift up his leg to pee. He just peed on his front legs and all over his chest. What's more: he definitely was still peeing when he was running back up the stairs to come into the house. He was dripping with pee, the idiot!

I'm not quite willing to give up on the method yet, but I'm annoyed nonetheless. We'll see how it goes. The tie-out is annoying because he always gets caught up on something and can't figure out how to untangle himself. I typically have to go out several times a day to get him untangled from our fire pit, etc. because he's barking and wailing like he's dying or something. It always happens at convenient times, too: like when I'm in the middle of changing Nora's diaper or putting her down for a nap.

He is actually learning to hold the treat on his nose and wait until I tell him to eat it. He does very well with it, which really surprises me. I never thought he'd have the patience to do something like that, but I guess I underestimated the poor dog. It's bizarre how well he behaves when a treat is involved. I hate and love that at the same time.




Here's a something random: I saw a hearse speeding through an intersection today. It went so fast, I saw the car actually bouncing. If any one of my deceased loved ones were in that car, I'd be furious. Knowing that none of my loved ones were in there, however, it was quite a peculiar sight. It marked me.




My doctor wants to do an MRI on my wrist. I talked to him on the phone about it, and he unloaded so much information on me. When he asked, "Do you want me to schedule you an MRI?" I said, "Whoa. That's a lot of information."

Then, he said, "Do you want to just come in and talk about it, then?"

I said, "Yes."

I'd like to understand why I need an MRI on my wrist before I go, "Yeah! Give me one!"



Some guy on our block was definitely sawing something that sounded like masonry or tile last night: long into the night. I swear I heard it until after midnight. For those of us on the home team, masonry or tile is much louder (in my experience) to saw than wood. I guess it could've been metal, too. I don't know for certain. It was really stinking loud, though. Who does that late on a Sunday night, anyway?



Nora has almost figured out how to feed herself puffs! It's so neat to watch. She loves it when I feed them to her, but she's starting to figure out that the puffs are, indeed, food. It's so neat watching this kid grow: it happens right before my eyes!



We did end up picking a contractor for our bathrooms. We're pretty excited about it. I think they're going to be really nice when they're done. Supposedly, the upstairs bathroom can be done in two days. The downstairs bathroom, while it is much smaller than the upstairs bathroom, is going to take more time. We've decided to do a large, tile shower downstairs, so that's going to take a bit more work than what we've got planned for the upstairs. I'm really looking forward to having some finished, fully functional bathrooms that won't be naked or that won't have carpet on the floor! Woohoo!



I know I never talk about politics on here, and I probably won't. I do follow the presidential race very closely, though. I never realized that politics were actually entertaining until the 2004 election. I love this crap. I love watching people talk and blog about politics, too. Me? I probably won't. I know way too many people that view things much differently than I do. You know what? I like a lot of those people. I want to make sure it stays that way.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment