Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ketchup

I took Nora to work yesterday. That was really her first time being "out."

I mean: she's been to the pediatrician and whatnot, but she's not really been anywhere else.

She was such a good baby.

Today started out interestingly. I somehow managed to go a little too long between diaper changes (that happens sometimes during the night time feedings/changings), and Nora's dirty diaper soaked through her clothes, our sheets, and the mattress topper. That was a whopper! She is a master. I must say. What's more: I had just changed the sheets and washed the mattress topper on Sunday. That mattress topper is niiiice and fluffy now.

I realized this morning that I was massively behind on lots of things. I had to get some notes out into the mail. I had to put clean dishes away and clean up dirty ones. I wanted to start thinking about cleaning the house for potential weekend guests (I managed to get some dusting done with Nora in the sling, but she started getting really angry with me). I had to pull a clean load of diapers out of the dryer and put them where they needed to go. I needed to wash some whites. There's even more that I really needed to do, but this is about all I accomplished today. I feel pretty good about it now that I'm looking back on it. Plus, while Nora passed out for her afternoon nap, I popped her in the bouncy seat and stole a bath (I didn't even have to bust out the pacifier or anything). I try not to use it (the pacifier)—I'm afraid I might miss a need she's having or something.

My arms are getting totally buff, by the way. Every day I'm increasing the weight I'm carting around whenever I feed this kid. It's incredible. She's a tank.

I've taken some photos of Nora lately, but I haven't had a chance to upload them or anything. You'll have to wait on those.

She is almost totally growing out of these newborn outfits. I think this outfit she's wearing may be seeing its last use. Possibly.

She's also got a bit of a Morgan Freeman thing going on right now with the baby acne. It's amazing how acne doesn't look totally nasty on a baby, but on me, it looks downright scary. I thought this was going to go away once I had the baby, by the way, but it's still a problem. That's fun (especially since I'm spending a lot more time without makeup these days).

Whelp. That's about all I've got time for at the moment. You kids have a lovely Super Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment