Sunday, December 25, 2005

Willi's Grandpa Brown

Oh wow! Christmas is basically over. How crazy. What a crazy time it's been.

Yesterday morning, Mary (Willi's mom) called us to tell us that Willi's grandfather had passed away just a half hour before her call. I guess it wasn't a complete shock (as Willi didn't seem stunned, and he said his health has been horrible for over ten years), but it was still overwhelming. Christmas wasn't quite as happy as it usually would have been as a result, but . . . what can you do? Poor Willi . . . no more grandpas. Me neither. It's so sad, too: the (extended family) Browns were already such a serious family about death (Willi lost a cousin two years ago that was nearly his age), and adding this to the already-serious nature was nearly unbearable. We got through it, though.

This means we're going to have to miss work to go to the funeral (and we were already only working three days this week). Willi struggles with that a lot, as he feels like he should be at work Friday (because it's an extra holiday off for us), but . . . I tend to disagree with that. I feel like he should still have that day off for the sheer fact that it is a holiday given to us, and we should take it . . . and enjoy it with each other.

Anywho . . . I think my boy is doing okay. I think he's sad, but he's strong. I'm gonna be there for him, and I'm glad that I can.

BTW, he got me a digital camera for Christmas! I was totally stoked as I have been wanting one of those FOREVER! Pictures will be posted . . . and soon. I must get more memory, though. But first . . . real life must be attended.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment