Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sleep Talkin' Woman

Last night, Henry woke up crying (which is fairly typical). Normally, I wake up when this happens, and I get up to address it. This time, I was apparently in a deep sleep. I remember waking up to a very confused Willis who was saying, "What? We've only been asleep two hours, and he's already awake."


This morning, Willis was sure to tell me how our conversation actually started.


Henry's cries.


Me: "I guess your toasted cheese is done."


Willis: "What?"


Me: "Yeah. You had to make a toasted cheese, and Henry's awake, now."


Willis: "What? We've only been asleep two hours, and he's already awake."


Willis gets up and takes care of Henry.


And yes, that is condescension you hear in my voice. Obviously, I was irritated that Willis decided to make that stupid toasted cheese while we were sleeping.


Poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment