Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our Cat is Evil


This morning at about four (maybe a little prior), I awoke to the sound of a car alarm going off in front of our house. I sat up, looked out the window, and saw that it, indeed, was our car. Not only was it honking and flashing away, but the trunk was open. The inside lights were all on, too. It was a sight.

I turned to Willi, who was somehow still sleeping, and I said, "Willis! That's our car out there!"

He sat up and took a moment to get oriented, and then he says, "THE CAT!"

It didn't really make sense to me, so I said (in hopes of further waking him), "We have to do something about this."

He hopped up, grabbed the cat off of his pants that were on the dresser, launched him across the room, dug into his pants pocket, and pulled out a set of car keys. Moments later, he shut off the alarm (he somehow found the panic button in the dark). Then, he couldn't see again to figure out how to shut the trunk (it has an automatic shutting device, which is pretty sweet). So, I took the keys from him, turned on my nightstand light, shut the trunk from our bedroom, and locked the doors. All the while, our catty-cornered neighbor (who must have already been up and outside this morning) was standing near our vehicle looking perplexed. I felt bad for him. He was only trying to help. We didn't even open the window to holler out and offer an explanation. Why would we? Here's what the explanation would be:

"Would you believe that all that raucous was caused by a stupid cat!? Sorry to disrupt your morning!"

Good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment