Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hey, It's Okay Tuesday!

It's Tuesday. I thought about not doing a "Hey, It's Okay" post today (due to internet oversaturation with my blog posts from yesterday), but after my fast food drive-thru experience from this afternoon, I had to rant. Amber and Sara are picking up what I'm putting down.

Hey, It's Okay . . .

. . . to go to the drive-thru at Burger King because your kitchen threw up all over your dining room and basement and your kitchen is unusable . . . and because you have a coupon.

. . . to think, "Holy crap! That's really expensive," when the kid tells you your total is 17 bucks for a value meal and two kids' meals.

. . . to know in your soul that the kid overcharged you, but you actually have to take the receipt home so you can go through the whole thing with some silence and a calculator to be certain.

. . . to not really understand how they still don't understand how they overcharged you (when you explain it in detail), but hope that they honor their word on letting you have a free value meal next time. "Guys! It was as if I didn't use a coupon at all. Get it?"

. . . to be "that lady" that constantly harrasses this same Burger King for failing at its job. Honestly. Who gets things wrong more than they get them right? Why do I keep going there? (It's close to the house, and, in theory, they should get something right occasionally. I guess that's why I keep going back there.)

. . . if you want to throw things in the morning because every night, your sleep has to be interrupted by both of your kids, your idiot cat, or your gagging dog. It can sometimes be all of those things at the same time or a combination of those things, and it most certainly must always happen. Every night.


. . . if you are freakishly excited about and/or are looking forward to getting a hair cut.


. . . if you want to hug a stove. (Not having one really makes you love them. When my new, undamaged range arrives, I'll be hugging that bizness. You betcha. Then, I'mma bake and cook some stuff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment