Monday, August 29, 2005

Back Among Your Pathways Winding

Ahh . . . that was a good weekend. Friday night, we ventured back to old Purdue to watch the Glee Club do its First Nighter. It was Willi's first time watching them from audience perspective. It was a cool thing to be able to sit there with him while he experienced it for the first time. I was like, "Willis! Check out this guy's face while he sings this," or, "Look at so and so during this part of the song."

I had been able to figure out every person's weird quirk, and I wanted to share them all with him. Hopefully I didn't detract from his enjoyment too much. Maybe I should've just let him watch it in peace . . . I made myself get quiet for periods of time during the show so that he might be able to sit and enjoy it. I hope it was enough!

After the show, I didn't get to talk to very many people (I had kind-of hoped to see more people I knew and loved), but I did talk to some I had been missing. It was good to see my ol' roomy Lindsey again. She looked fabulous. :)

Later that night, we went to Ehrlich's apartment to go socialize even more. Strangely, we didn't socialize as much as we thought we would, but we did end up hangin' with a group of people we enjoy in the room we so (we think) rightly called "The Sex Room." It was equipped with a red light, after all.

We crashed over at Kent and Bethany's for the night, vegged all day long with Bethany on Saturday, ate dinner with K and B that evening, and then we went home to Lebanana. For once, we weren't rushing around and killing ourselves to get from place to place in a weekend.

Sunday, we went to church with my buddies from work Andy and Jordan. They brought us back to their house, and we ate lunch with them. It was a good time, and it made us all realize (I think) that we wished we had more time previous to this to hang out more. I told them (as they were dropping us off to meet Willi's parents at our apartment around 2 p.m.) that they could come visit us up in Valparaiso once we get settled. I saw their faces light up, and that was a pretty cool feeling. I really think they're gonna miss us. We will miss them, too. Willi and I loved their house, too. It was really cute. We want one. Our visit wasn't a long one, but we had a really good time with them. I hope we'll be able to stay in touch.

Willi's parents came by our apartment shortly after we arrived. They gave us a platter from Julia (Mary's sister) who is the master of finding anything that had been discontinued from our registry. I love it. They only hung out for a short while. Then, Willi and I found ourselves with some free time in the afternoon. We watch a little tv, relaxed, and then we got ready to make dinner for when Chris came into town.

Chris and Whitney came over around 5:30, I think. I had made fried mushrooms, 6 jalapeno poppers ('cause my mom and dad had brought us 6 jalapenos last week), and some serious spaghetti with meat, tomato, and mushroom sauce. I also made some garlic bread to top it off. Oh yeah . . . good stuff. We had a really good visit with those guys. We never see them anymore, and we really like them. They're good people, and they're funny. :)

Hah! It was a couples weekend! So funny . . . the people we hung out with in "The Sex Room" on Friday were all couples, too! Jason and Nic were in there hangin' out. Amanda and Jarsh were there with us, too! Kent and Bethy were in there, but we ended up hangin' out with them more later, too. Hah . . . good times.

Well . . . I am now officially not at work for The Daily Sun. It's quite strange, really. I didn't have to go in there this morning to help finish and send out the paper. I wonder how they're doing. I miss that Mac G5, too . . .

Today, I have stuff I have to do, though. I have to call the guy's insurance to make a claim against  him (dirty work). I have to take Willi's watch to get some links out (and while I'm at it, I might finally get a battery for the watch I've not worn for about six months now). Then, I'm going to go to Valparaiso to go get our apartment situation . . . well . . . situated. It sure is a full day.

Last week, I only was working from about 8 to noon everyday (to help compensate me for the long hours I worked the weeks before without getting paid for it). I'd come home, and I'd start major projects. So far, I've nearly completed recovering Willi's old, nasty orange recliner. It now has a nice, deep red plaid fabric on it. Next up is staining and varnishing our dresser, and after that, it's recovering the couch. I may attempt to get all that done before we move, but it really depends on our move date. I'm really just doing these things to keep busy right now. If I know that we're moving soon (like within a week), I'll save some of it for after the move.

In the meantime, I'm sure I can keep busy if I figure out what our move date is. I need that and our future address so that I can get a billion things done. For now, I'm gonna get started on tackling this day. I'll talk to you kids later.

Everybody wish Nicole Kaeding a happy birthday, will ya? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment