Thursday, August 4, 2005

Moving.

Well, I did it. Today, I talked to my boss, Tony. I told him that Willis and I are going to be moving soon. The reaction I got from it was a lot better than I anticipated. He was totally cool, and in the end, he basically shrugged his shoulders and said, "What can you do?"

That was, of course, after I told him that Willi's company has basically offered to buy out our lease and move us. So . . . the hard deed is done. I imagine we'll be moving in about a month now. I know it won't be much more than that (if it is).

He was, believe it or not, genuinely bummed that I would be leaving, and he told me he had big plans for me down the road (before I told him we were moving). He actually gave me a raise today, too. Hah . . . It's not enough, though. Not enough to justify driving an hour to and from work everyday. I told him I can't believe my husband has been driving two hours to and from work everyday and not even complained once about it. I know . . . I KNOW . . . he hates it. I hate it. He just sucks it up, though. He gets up early, and he gets in that car . . . and he goes. He goes everyday. It's heartbreaking. So . . . I knew I had to tell "the man" I was leaving.

It's good news. At the same time, I really liked that job. So . . . it's bittersweet. I just hope I have enough luck finding a job I love as much that might actually pay me somethin' to squeal about. Mostly, though, it's a relief to have told my boss. Quitting anything is so hard for me to do. Quitting a job I enjoy is definitely a step beyond.

I'll still be working there (for about a month, maybe) until they replace me, but I told Tony to go ahead and start looking for someone to help fill my shoes. It's funny . . . I have small feet, but apparently they think I have big shoes to fill there.

It's so crazy . . . this life isn't really mine, is it? It's naptime. Catch you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment