Thursday, August 25, 2005

Grimace

It has been an interesting morning for yours truly. On my way into work (on what is the second to last day of me working here at The Daily Sun), I managed to collide (T-bone style) with another vehicle whilst driving the Geo. Mind you, this other vehicle's operator believed momentarily that he was at a four-way stop, and much to his (and my) dismay, he was not. I feel bad for the guy, though. Some idiot was stopped as if he had a stop sign on my road at this particular intersection (he was opposing my direction—facing me), and he was signaling this man to go as if it were his turn. So, I could see why the man would make this mistake. Unfortunately for the man, the idiot who stopped (unnecessarily) left the scene as we impacted. So, the two of us were left to "pick up the pieces" if you will (or even if you won't).

So . . . it wasn't my fault this time. It still didn't make it any more fun, though. The man I ran into was very nice, and immediately claimed that it was his fault (which was true). The Geo doesn't look too pretty, though. It's got an eyebally hangin' out of its socket, and the bumper's screwed up. The hood is bent, too. I'm kind-of afraid that the radiator might have been dented, but I am unsure of that. I made it the rest of the way to work okay (a total of a two-minute drive from the scene of the accident).

I'm only working until about noon today, so right after, I'm going to get the accident report and take it to my insurance agent. It's funny: I let Willis borrow my driver's license yesterday to make a photocopy of it for an application for a new apartment, and when he brought it home and placed it on the counter, I somehow never saw it. So, I didn't have my license on me . . . and OF COURSE I would get into an accident when I don't have my license THIS ONE TIME. I guess it's a good thing I went through the crap at the BMV to get the Geo properly licensed/registered after all, eh?

I was planning on going to Valparaiso today to get our apartment situation worked out, but I'm not sure I should do that now. We're having trouble getting a lease signed up there. People are flakin' on us. We're probably not going to be able to move next week at this rate.

Ugh . . . what a day. I'm here at work, and I really feel like I shouldn't be. I'm just kind-of frustrated, and . . . yet . . . humored a bit. I find it interesting lately when I think about how things could be possibly more complicated. I need to quit doing that. I keep getting that ongoing question answered.

Well . . . that's all I've got for now. I hope everyone's day is goin' better than what mine seems to be so far. It's not even noon yet.

Later, taters.

No comments:

Post a Comment