Monday, September 19, 2005

First Day at GWB



I made it through day one of working at G.W.Berkheimer headquarters. I think I'm gonna like it there. It's so surreal knowing that when I walk into the other half of the building, I'm gonna look and see the back of my husband's head, and then when lunch comes, I'll get to sit with him. Then, I also get to ride to and from work with him while I'm at it. That's a lot of togetherness, folks. I know we're not really going to talk while at work, however. That's going to be my time to socialize with other people, and . . . get work done. Willi's serious about what he's doing with his jorb, and he's deeply focused most of the day, so I don't really like to bug him. Plus . . . I don't need to talk to the man all day long.  I see 'im at night after all (and in the car to and from)! It's just a cool situation. It really is. Now . . . I just hope I can get a routine going. Working out needs to start being even a remote priority again . . . maybe I'll start with that tomorrow. 

In the meantime, Hank's doin' well . . . even though he's randomly bleeding tiny bits from time to time from his poor little paws. He got Willi's shirt this morning before he came into work. I think that happened when Willi gave him his medicine.

Our couch is sooooo amazingly comfortable now . . . it's waay more cushy and lovely than our couch before I recovered it. I'm proud of mahself.

Our apartment is like a home now! Finally! I'm starting to really like it here. We're hopin' to find a house to move into next summer. We're thinking more and more that we like this area. It's so beautiful here. Do you realize we're only 15-20 minutes away from the Dunes beach? It's sooo gorgeous. We went there for only an hour yesterday, and I think at that moment, I was sold on Valpo for sure. I can't believe we have that sort of beauty so close to us. We live next door to another gorgeous small lake, too. I like to walk there . . . So pretty. I know it'd be pretty in the winter, too.

It's unreal . . . I really am starting to feel like this place is home. I hadn't felt that way yet. I mean . . . I felt it at home, of course. I even had a strong affinity for Purdue as a home in itself. Here . . . here's different. It's my home, and it's my home to share with Willi and even Hank. It's a relief. It's awesome.

For now, I've surely got something to do . . . see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment