Thursday, August 23, 2007

21 Weeks


The doc appointment went well yesterday. The CNM went over the ultrasound with me, and it turns out that our baby is normal, healthy, and mobile. I was glad to hear that after that lovely ultrasound appointment from about two weeks ago.

Speaking of that, I told my CNM about my ultrasound experience (with the wench ultrasound tech), and it became very clear to me that my OB's office is very much independent of what goes on at the hospital. In fact, the more I spoke with her, it became more apparent that we may be dealing with more battle axes when we go to deliver. She said that the maternity nurses are all kind-of "from the past" and aren't very kind and personable. She said I'll be assigned to one maternity nurse when I go in to deliver, and I'll only have to deal with that maternity nurse other than herself (my CNM). So . . . that was a relief. I'll probably have the stones to tell the lady off if she's a wench at that point, I'd imagine. At least I know what to expect, and I can start learning how to deal with it. So . . . that's kinda fun.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, we still don't know the sex, and I imagine we probably won't know until this bugger comes out. I am unaware of any further ultrasounds. I'm okay with that, though, honestly. I'd rather not go through that whole experience again (especially since it wasn't as cool as I was hoping it'd be anyway). So, I didn't ask if there'd be more. There could be, but I'm unaware of any more. So . . . I'm assuming there won't be any unless they have a reason to look.

Without further ado, I'll give you a belly update. Here's what I'm lookin' like these days at 21 weeks.


Yes. It is funny that I'm standing next to a sign that says "Storage."



This week has taken forever, it seems. Maybe that's because I've been working on five publications this week at work. *shrug*

Dilly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment