Monday, May 5, 2008

Oh, Life!

Life has been fairly busy lately. This weekend, we went to Columbus to help Amanda and Josh put in a patio. I didn't provide much help, but while Nora took a good nap on Saturday, I was able to fill in some bare patches in their yard with some of the sod that they dug up for the patio. So, I felt a little bit helpful. Sadly, I didn't get any photos of that.

You know what else? I didn't get any photos of my grandma holding Nora when I had the chance, either. I hate it when I forget to bust out the camera.

Speaking of Grandma, she just got out of surgery. Over the weekend, she went in for a procedure on her heart, and during the procedure, she had a massive heart attack. On our way back from Columbus, Willi, Nora, and I stopped to see her (Hobbes had to chill in the car for a bit). Today, she had bypass surgery, and all seems to be well so far. So, that's good news! It was such a relief to answer my mom's call this afternoon and note that she sounded cheerful before she even told me Grandma was okay.

In other news, I tried the Wii for the first time over the weekend. I really, really liked it, but I don't want one as bad as I thought I would.

Without further ado, I have some photos and videos to share.
















That last photo is of my typical breakfast right now. I win.

The tulips are from our yard. I need to move those to the front yard this fall. We've got some daffodils that croak early every year, too, that I need to move. The people who planted them put them in a place where they can roast to death really fast. It's pretty sad.

Here are some videos of all the kids.










That little Nora is a sweet little thing, isn't she? I just sit here and squish her all day, pretty much. Her little personality is really awesome. I'm having such a blast with her.

She started grabbing her feet over the weekend. It's pretty stinking cute.

I'm in the mood to bake some cookies while Nora is napping. I'll catch you kids later.

No comments:

Post a Comment