Monday, October 5, 2009

Flake

Due to my sleep deprivation and the sickness we've had (well, the kids and me), here is just a list (while it's short, it's packed full of severity) of things that I have done that are killing my buzz:
  • Yesterday, I forgot that Willis was storing our hamburgers in the oven (on a resin tray, no less) when I preheated it for my apple pie. He had to defrost different hamburgers after that. I was rather embarrassed: he had told me earlier that day, "Now, remember, there are hamburgers in the oven." (He was prepping them for grilling, and that's his way of hiding them from our psycho dog and cat.)
  • I left hot water running in my basement utility sink after switching over laundry (I was rinsing out a laundry detergent bottle, and somehow forgot to shut off the faucet) for about 1.5 hours today. (I'm lucky that sucker didn't overflow.) This act depleted our water heater, so I was unable to score my shower that I like to take during the kids' nap time (I was freaked for a few minutes that our water heater might be broken).
  • To add insult to injury, I forgot to turn on the dryer. So, when I came downstairs 1.5 hours after switching the laundry, I discovered a half-full (isn't it nice that I still saw it that way?) sink of almost-cold water and a dryer full of clothes that were just as wet as when they went in there. Maybe wetter. I don't know. I just know that I had a moment when I discovered all of that at once.
I quit working for the day after the latest entry. It was safer that way. I took the kids and the dog for a walk, and I think we all feel a little better now. Everyone's in a better mood at least.

I'm just glad I'm not doing nutty things like leaving Henry or Nora unattended in the bath or something like that. I guess the synapses are firing just well enough to keep the kids an myself alive. Thank God for that. Everything else is in danger, though. Boy, howdy. We need to get well, and Henry needs to start sleeping more than just two hours at a time. I'm just sayin'.

Dilly out for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment