Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hey, It's Okay Tuesday!

I like this girl.I don't know this girl, but I'd probably like her, too. Those two are responsible for this mess.

Fire it up!

Hey, It's Okay . . .

. . . to go a little batty when people use the phrase, "I know, right?"

Most times, it's just said like this on a Facebook wall, "i know right lol."

When people say it like this, "I know. Right?" I can deal with that, but there's still an element of wrongness.

. . . to go a lot batty when people use the phrase, "Just sayin'."

It's typically used when someone does a slam, and they're trying to soften the blow. For example: "Your face looks like it got slapped with a big, ugly stick a few times. Just sayin'."

. . . to go a bit batty (again) when someone says, "This makes me giggle."

I'm guessing people say that because it sounds cute. I don't know. I just know that I never hear anyone say, "This made me chuckle," or, "This made me snort," or, "I just laughed milk through my nose," or, "That made me cackle," or, "I fake-laughed a little. You're welcome," or, "I'm lizzing right now."


(Thank you, Liz Lemon.)

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I thought giggling was reserved for, like, little kids and the munchkins from The Wizard of Oz. You know—because of their little voices. I think of giggling as, like, a high-pitched thing.

Well, here's what Wiktionary says about it: "A high-pitched, silly laugh; Amusement; To laugh gently or in a high-pitched voice; to laugh in a silly or giddy way."

Hmm . . .

. . . to be completely wrong about how the pouring shield attachment for an Artisan KitchenAid standing mixer is supposed to be used . . . for five years.

. . . to have to use a calculator to determine age. It's not that I'm so old (which some would argue), but it's more that I haven't been able to do that math in my head beyond the age of 25.

. . . to want to have some sort of formal dance training (for the first time) now that I'm nearly 30 years old. I don't even care what type of dance it is. I just want to do it. The more mobile, the better, I think.

. . . to love the show Phineas and Ferb in a completely guiltless fashion. That show is good, people.

. . . to desperately want to watch Season 4 of Mad Men right now but recognize that waiting until it comes out on DVD will serve the soul a lot better. (We can watch it all at once, then, and on our time table.)

. . . to not really believe that this guy is 11 months old today.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I say, "I know, right?", please know that it will always be grammatically correct whether I'm writing it or verbally producing it. Because I do say that.Just saying.

    ReplyDelete