Monday, November 12, 2007

Bellies, Floors, Scary Holes, and Rice Cookers


I'm feeling a bit white-trashy today. My clothes aren't quite fitting anymore. My belly is practically hanging out the bottom of my maternity shirt, and my maternity pants that I'm wearing no longer cover any portion of my belly (they're the kind that fit on the underside of the belly). I look like something you'd see on a hot summer day at Indiana Beach or something. I don't have many other pairs of pants that fit that I can wear to work right now. I have maybe two or three pair that fit, and I never seem to have them clean when I need them. Luckily, it's as if God heard me (or, God forbid, He saw me today) or something because a lady at work brought me some maternity clothes that are nice and humongous. That'll help. I've gotta hem some pants, but at least I know I'll be able to breathe from here on out. Thank God. Thank that lady at work, too. It's crazy how lucky I've been this whole time. Every need seems to be taken care of at right when I needed it. How sweet is that? This can't be just coincidence.
BTW, my belly has its own gravitational pull. So, be careful if you come over. You could end up stuck to my shirt just like everything else.

We got our floors sanded this weekend. We're still putting on coats of urethane, but we're at least done with the major work. That marks the end of all major work before the baby comes (besides cleaning the house, setting up the room, and preparing things). So, we're really relieved. Willis is the most relieved, I'm sure. He's the one that's been doing the massive grunt work. Poor guy. He's gotta have some gargantuan muscles by now. He said this morning that his hands were tingling. It kind-of freaked me out at first, but then I remembered that he busted his butt all weekend pulling up staples on the floors. There were some SEVERE, stubborn staples, and I heard him grunting a lot when he was ripping those out. It sounded pretty harsh. I imagine that's why his hands are tingly. My hands are tingly thinking about it.

I'll have some photos later this week—once we get all the urethane down and I take some photos.

I submitted our basement hole story to Ask This Old House today. It'd be cool if they came to our house to solve the mystery and fix it for us. I fully don't expect to hear back or anything, but I thought, "What the hell?"

Every single person I've talked to about it (and I've talked to a lot of people now) has NEVER heard of ANYTHING like that happening to ANYONE in their whole lives. That's pretty messed up.

I bought a rice cooker last night. It felt totally frivolous. It turns out, though, that you can cook more things in a rice cooker than just rice or veggies. Oh, yes. I'm excited to learn these fun things. I've read that you can even make bread in them. How crazy is that!? We've been eating a ton of rice lately, though. It just made sense to me.

I finally baked Frank some cookies this weekend. Those were overdue . . . I can't believe how stinking awesome nice our neighbors are. We totally win.

In other news, I really hope I don't get sick this winter. That'd be rough. It's already hard enough to breathe right now.

It seems like all my friends are having babies! Babies everywhere! It won't be long now for me. I can't believe how fast this has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment