Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Mother of All Posts

Wow. Do I have a lot to post about today. It's mostly photos, so I'll get started on that.


Here's a shot of our nasty upstairs flooring that was under all the carpet. This is before we sanded and put polyurethane down.


Sanding in action, basically.


Here's a shot of one of the four bedrooms with the finished floors.


Upstairs landing/hallway finished.


This is a shot of our bedroom with finished floors.


And, of course, here's the lovely, wood paneling room with finished floors.

And now, here are some pretty fall photos from our street.


This is our street. If I had taken this photo a week prior, it'd have been much prettier, I think. I missed the really good colors.


This is the sidewalk on our street. Our house is actually a few houses down from where I'm standing.


A shot up the neighbor's awesome tree.


This is the extent of my fall decorating.


Shot of our street from the porch. It's a pretty view these days.

And now, it's time to gross you out. We cleaned our electronic air cleaner the other night, and it was so bad, we HAD to share.


Firstly, this is where the electronic air cleaner goes. (We've already pulled out the filter parts here.)


Isn't that disgusting? The dirtiest parts are the prefilters (the two filters laying on top).


Here's a shot of the air cleaner fins. They're pretty sick, too, but you can't really tell here. You'll be able to tell in the next photo.


Look at the water. See what I mean? Siiiiick.

And now, it's time to show you what I cooked in our rice cooker the other night. I'm so excited about it. It took 10 minutes, and the whole time it was cooking, I was doing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen. That's usually a task that is saved for after cooking (and while the food gets cold). When it cooked in ten minutes, it flipped to warm, and the stuff stayed warm until we were ready to eat. It was so stinking awesome. I love it. Love it, love it, love it.


It's shells and cheese with tuna (we need to get to the grocery—this was a "dig in the pantry" night). We added diced tomatoes to it, too. We like those cold, though—not cooked.


Here's the pretty rice cooker. Ooooh. Pretty.

That's pretty much it for the photo session of this post.

In other news, I went to the doctor this morning. That went well. The beeb has moved from the transverse position to being in the "correct" position for the rest of this journey. I was pretty thrilled to hear that. I can't believe I didn't notice that happening. This kid moves quite a bit as it is, though. My CNM told me I've gained about 37 pounds, but she was assuming I weighed less than I did when I came in, so I think it's more like 30. Either way, though, I'm huge. I'm just glad she didn't -like- yell at me or anything. I'm not sure I'd be able to do anything about it, anyway. I eat when I'm hungry, and I eat fairly healthy. I keep active, too.

The baby's heart rate is clockin' in at 136 bpm these days. The last time I was in, it was in the upper 140s. It sounds strong, though, and I'm not surprised since this rat is kickin' me a lot.

I can't believe how fast this is going. Seven more weeks. That's not very far away.

And now, I get serious for a minute.

The closer that we get to game day, the more I am realizing what my sisters have been telling me since they started having kids. I know fear, now. I'm not afraid of being a parent. I'm not afraid of labor and delivery. So what is it that makes me afraid? Every day lately, I have crippling thoughts of losing Willis to a car accident or some freak thing—leaving me alone to bring this baby home to our big, empty house in La Porte. I worry that something is going to happen to me and the baby before this kid is even born (leaving Willis to deal with the loss of two instead of one). I think about when this kid gets older and all the horrible things that could happen. I fear having to bury this kid before the world buries me. I feel like a total nutcase! I sat there and cried to Willis about it last night. He sat there and talked me down, and he's the one that's usually the worrier. It's neat, though, instead of further worrying him, he was able to put any worry he had to the side and help me with mine. That's how it's supposed to work, and thank God it does.

I get it now, guys (sisters). I get it. It's terrifying. I can see how it's all worth it, though. I don't think I'll ever regret this.

Dilly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment