Thursday, June 12, 2008

Borrowed Time

I'm taking a moment to talk about a couple of things while I'm waiting for my work computer to generate a PDF. It's taking forever, as usual.

Firstly, last night, Nora and I met Willis at the Shoreline Brewery in Michigan City for dinner. It was our little anniversary date.

Get this: they have sushi! I couldn't believe it. So, that's what I had (I've been craving it since before I was pregnant with Nora and never got it). Score! They have a pretty extensive menu there, and their beer is actually quite scrumptrilescent as well.

We had a good time while it lasted, but Nora started squealing in the middle of the meal (her warning squeals that I get about 20 minutes before she gets mad at me). I ended up having to jet out of there quite quickly (I did get to eat everything, luckily). Plus, the timing of the food, beer, water, etc. wasn't that great because there was only one waitress there at the time, and she had several tables. I felt bad for her, but it made life a little bit difficult for us.

We all got home, I started getting Nora ready for sleep while Willis started a movie. We watchedIn Her Shoes, which both Willi and I liked (even though it was a total chick flick). Nora was playful for a good chunk of the movie, and so I played with her a bit. Then, I bounced with her for awhile on the ball to calm her down. When I saw her eyes starting to droop, I took her upstairs, laid her down, she smiled at me, and then she went to sleep. Man. I don't think it's supposed to be that easy.

So, we had a good anniversary. It wasn't all bells and whistles and whatnot, but that's how we roll.

Okay. My PDF is done. Gotta run.

I'm going to be really busy the next few weeks, I think. *sigh* Lots to do. Lots. To. Do. Lots going on, too.

Dilly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment