Friday, June 6, 2008

She's Cute!









This little girl is just five days shy of five months of age. Isn't that a wild thought?

I thought that I was going to have to drag her, the dog, and the cat down to the basement today while we were eating lunch. There were tornado sirens, and there was some serious storming happening. Luckily, it's all cleared up for now. Hopefully, Willi's drive home will be nice and easy.

I had some aspirations of getting outdoors for some fun today. The only time I made it out there was to let out the dog (twice) and to pick up a patio chair of ours that was practically in our neighbor's yard. So, it wasn't quite "outdoorsy" weather out there.

Little Nora was a tad cranky during the first part of the day, but once she took a hefty nap from about 11 a.m. until nearly 2 p.m., she's been a lot happier. She even took a quick snooze on her play gym a little bit ago while I was doing a quick vacuum pass upstairs. It amazes me that she can fall asleep during something as loud as that vacuum cleaner.

My best friend growing up, Lena, emailed photos of her pinky x-rays today. Over a month ago (I think she said it was May 6th), she lost the end of her pinky finger to some tar paper (I know!) while she and her husband were roofing their house. In fact, she lost the whole top joint and up. Bah. When she told me about it I was grabbing my pinky and climbing up on my chair. It sounded horrendous: and the actual incident wasn't the end of it. She had all kinds of emergency room, surgery, and follow up surgery stories that were just as gruesome (if not more gruesome than the actual event of losing it).

I know she's really bummed out about it. I would be. The girl has literally lost a part of herself. I tried to cheer her up by telling her that soon we'll be laughing and joking about it. I said, "For example, instead of me calling you "Beaner," I could call you "Niner."

I've also asked her if she's tried getting a 10% discount on manicures yet.

Poor girl. I'm so sorry, Bean. You're still a pretty girl even though a tiny percentage of you is now gone.

In other news, I don't think we're gonna finish the patio this weekend. We're going to take the weekend off from all patio adventures. Next weekend, we should be finishing up that job. We're ready for the "relaxing on the patio" part.

Nora is talking, cooing, and giggling at me right now. I should go squeeze her. Dilly out!

No comments:

Post a Comment