Saturday, July 19, 2008

Girls' Day Out

Friday, I got stuff done for work fairly early in the day, and I started to get stir crazy. So, I decided that Nora and I were going to get out of the house.

First, we went to the beach on Stone Lake in La Porte. It's in the Soldier's Memorial Park. It's only about a five minute drive for us, and it's free. The beach leaves a little to be desired, but it's fairly well-kept. I imagine I'll be going back there as Nora gets older, too, because there's a sweet, extensive playground there. I'd probably prefer a beach on Michigan, but you can't beat the drive. Plus, this beach is still better than anything I had growing up near Twin Lakes Shafer and Freeman.

Nora was asleep when we got there, so I covered her car seat and brought her out to the beach in it. She stayed asleep for about a half hour or so. I attempted to get some sun during that time, and when she finally woke up, I was ready for her to be awake. I put her little swim diaper and swim suit on, and we headed out into the water together. She loved it! She splashed around and looked at what was going on around us. It was neat to watch.

I brought a little yellow parasol that Marlene gave to me after her and Jerm's wedding (she had intended for the bridesmaids to use it during photos, but somehow the box they were in didn't get to the correct location in time). We got some good use out of it, I'd say. It's a neat little thing. I've always wanted one of those, and I plan to keep this one nice for Nora (for when she's old enough to keep it nice, too).








Afterwards, we went home, took a bath, I fed her, and then I decided to head out to the outlet mall. We were only there for about 45 minutes (I had very specific items I wanted, and I plotted my course once I got my booklet and map). I managed to find Willis a pair of shorts from IZOD for $11, and I found myself a pair of Lee jeans (since I have zero pair of jeans to my name that fit me right now) for a little under $17. Lee is the only brand that fits me for some reason. I'd say I win.

Today, Willi is working, so Nora and I are hanging out, listening to music, and doing some laundry. It's raining, which is a bit annoying since it's finally the weekend (it was dry all week long). He should be home in a couple of hours. Then, we're all going to have some fun. I doubt we'll get much work done today. We had plans of getting rid of the sand pile, putting an outlet in the garage, and I was thinking of washing a car or two since I haven't washed them since the fall (eek!).

Nora is shrieking at me. She does this thing lately where she breathes in and out really fast with her mouth open to be silly. It cracks me up every time! I'm gonna go squish her!

No comments:

Post a Comment