Thursday, July 17, 2008

She's So Squishable!




Nora was being so sweet this morning, I couldn't stand it! I had to get some pictures. She was sitting up on the floor with virtually no support for about twenty minutes. The Boppy was there in case she fell, but she didn't really need it that whole time until the end.

Here are her stats from her six month checkup:
16 pounds, 13 ounces
28.25 inches long (That's above the 97th percentile, by the way.)

What is up with how long she is? Goodbye kitchen ladder! It's craziness!

Nora has recently tried some green beans and squash. She's not a raving fan, by any means, but she's tried them nonetheless.

In other news, I've noticed that other people have been using the phrase "in other news" in their blogs. I like to think they got that from me. I'm pretty sure I got it from watching the news.

I manned up today and decided to finally get established with a regular, family practice doctor. Unfortunately, there isn't a single doctor in this town (or close) that is taking new patients any sooner than August 25th. It's a good thing I'm not really sick right now. Running to urgent care is no way to do things: it is so much more expensive (and from what I understand, you end up waiting forever there). It's so maddening.

My new Kalorik Canister vacuum is awesome. In fact, it's so awesome, I'm a little bit appalled that my old vacuum was never that awesome. I'm pretty sure my old vacuum (a Dirt Devil Vision upright thing) was supposed to be awesome (since it was fairly expensive). I can actually use this vacuum and not have Nora strapped to me, too. It's not nearly as loud as the old one, and it's also not nearly as heavy.

I need to get some pizza dough started for tonight since Nora is napping for me. (Which, by the way, she is napping fine this week after our traumatizing weekend. Such is life.)

Dilly out!

No comments:

Post a Comment