Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Nora Pie

I just noticed this morning (and I think it just started happening this morning) that Nora is actually babbling some consonants! I swear that today at lunch, Nora was saying, "Dadadadada."

She's been doing combinations of, "Yayayaya," and, "Mamananabababah."

This is totally new, I think! I know: I feel terrible that I'm not really sure, but I think I am! I don't believe I actually noted her doing consonants before! It's so strange how this kid just starts doing something different, and there are no bells and whistles that go off and say, "Your child has just completed a milestone," like I thought there would be. You know?

She's also been doing a lot of the whole, "Pffffffft," thing.

She thinks it's funny, and you know what? It is.

You know what else might make me terrible? I mowed part of the lawn yesterday with Nora in the Snuggli (Willi and I had made a deal that he'd go to the grocery if I mowed the yard. I really, really hate grocery shopping, and I really don't mind mowing, believe it or not). She had napped through the first half, and then I heard her fussing on the monitor. So, I went up to get her, stuck her in the Snuggli, and we had a good ol' time. The yard got mowed, so that's a plus. I'm finding, though, that I'm having to do more and more things with Nora strapped to me in the Snuggli. She refuses to let me vacuum or do anything noisy of that nature unless she's strapped to me. She didn't used to be like that. I wonder how tacky it looks to have a baby strapped to your back while you're pushing a lawnmower. I bet it's pretty laugh-worthy—like Britney Spears laugh-worthy.

I don't think I posted this but on Sunday morning, we massively slept in! Nora slept until 8 a.m. (she must have been exhausted from the wedding weekend), and when I went in to get her, she was on her belly (which means she rolled over from back to front for the first time ever, by the way)! It's quite possible (and likely) that she was awake long before 8 a.m., but she at least was quiet in her crib until then. What's more: she had flipped completely backwards, and she was smiling at me. She makes getting up in the morning so easy.

We're eating dinner with Randy and Kelly tonight. I made some potato salad, and I'm going to throw in some crescent rolls to take over there. They're grilling some brats and chicken, and Kelly baked an apple pie. I'm stoked!

Tomorrow, I'm going to be cooking and baking for a decent part of the day. I'm making food to take with us to the big ol' Dill Fourth of July camp-out. It should be a good time.

I think someone is going to take our sand! I got a bite! Woohoo! I'll let you know if that really happens, though. I haven't pulled the ad yet since the sand is still sitting in our back yard.

Dilly out!

No comments:

Post a Comment