Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Willi's Corrections to Henry's Arrival Story

Willis read my blog after I posted it, and he informed me that some of my timings are a little off. I wasn't surprised. With his help, I'm listing the corrections below:

My September 2nd, Wednesday morning contractions were actually 6-7 minutes apart—not the 10 minutes apart that I had said before. Whoops. That's kind-of a big deal.

On September 3rd, I had actually been 7-8 centimeters since about 2 p.m. when the nurse suggested breaking my water around 5 p.m. Dr. Ellis broke my water around 6 p.m., and I had the urge to push around 7 p.m. At about 7:30 (or close to 8 p.m.), they allowed me to try to push once. My cervix wasn't completely dilated at that time, though. So, after that, they made me wait until 9 p.m. to push again.

(What's funny here is that the nurse left when she said I couldn't push, and I got rather angry. Willis says that I was saying things like, "Where the hell is she?")

(It turns out, she was probably just hiding out of the room so that I couldn't scream at her to let me push. Willis told me she was getting Dr. Ellis. Smart guy.)

Willis also says that the nurse didn't suggest that I squat. She just thought I should stand next to the bed for a few contractions. Willis posed the question, "So, is she going to squat then?" and before she could answer him, I hopped off the bed and went to town, apparently. Hilarious. I didn't realize it went like that.

Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment