Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Want to Remember This

This morning, the kids slept until almost 7 a.m. (HALLELUJAH!). I was still in that lovely place between sleep and awake when they came out of their room. Here's what I heard their little voices saying as I lay there.

Henry: Where's Daddy? Oh, no! Daddy's gone! I didn't get to talk to him! (He sounded clearly distraught about this.)

Nora: Don't worry, Henry. Daddy will be back tonight. (She's usually the one who is terribly distraught when her daddy leaves without saying goodbye.)

Henry: Huh? He be back tonight? Okay.


Willis has been having to leave the house by 6 a.m. to get to work in Gary, so he's been skipping the goodbye kisses to let us all get a little more sleep in the morning. The kids always notice that he's gone, and they're always so sad. They're always cheering each other up about it, too. So stinkin' sweet. And sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment