Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Week Beyond

Today marks a week beyond my estimated due date.

I do have an appointment with the CNM today at 10 a.m. So, I'm hoping to learn that I've, at the very least, made some progress so that when/if she tries to do things to naturally help me along, it has a better chance of working.

I better have made some progress because we've literally thought I've been in real labor -like- three times now (never going to the hospital, of course, because we doubted it). Last night was probably the most tricky of all three episodes. After dinner, I could not get comfortable. I tried propping myself up in a contour-chair position, I tried laying on my side at first, then I went and sat (and bounced) on my ball for awhile. I was having some back pain and my stomach was tight and cramped. Then, I went to lay on my left side on the couch after awhile, and things started to calm down. Then, we went to bed (thinking that maybe I'd wake up shortly after and we'd maybe be in real labor). Again, I woke up this morning and nothing. I'm pretty sure I had some decent contractions in the middle of the night, but nothing that really woke me up (well . . . they did, in fact, because I always have to go to the bathroom right after one of those). I get up to go to the bathroom more than three times every night now, and I don't even really think about it anymore (it's been happening for weeks).

Willis is about ready to go nuts. Poor guy. I would be, too, but if I start to panic, I would probably be in bad shape. I'd just really like for this kid to come on its own.

Alright . . . I'm gonna go get some stuff done before this doctor appointment. You kids have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment