Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Due Date Minus One



It's January 2nd, and I'm still preggers. I'm not surprised at all, really. It's still snowing, after all. I fully expect this kid to choose to come when we've got -like- three feet of snow on the ground and it's at its nastiest outside.

I did have an appointment with my CNM today, and she says that I have, indeed, made some progress since she last checked me. She also touched the baby's head today. So, that's kind-of cool. My sister, Jody, tells me that with one of her babies, her midwife touched the head of the baby the day before he was born (she thinks the midwife may have accidentally broken the waters, perhaps). So . . . we'll see!

I actually ended up not going into work today 'cause Willi called me and urged me not to drive over there (I would've ridden with him if I didn't have the doc appointment today). The roads are pretty bad. I really want him to come home soon 'cause he's got the Chevy and the Chevy is terrible on snow. So, I'm here chillin' with the dog, basically. Who knows where the cat is. He's probably somewhere I don't want him to be. That's how he rolls. A little while ago, he was laying under the toilet. That was pretty weird. (Of course, it's weird that our bathroom has carpet in it, so I guess I can't completely fault him for thinking that was a good place to be.)

We set up the bassinet in our bedroom last night, and our cat totally thinks it's for him. We may be booting him out of our bedroom when this baby comes. Or, if I catch him in it again, I may turn on the vibrator thing that's inside it to see if it freaks him out. That might keep him out of there. I keep tossing him out every time I catch him in there (which has only been twice now), but he doesn't really learn to stay away from stuff unless it terrifies him.

To tide you over ('cause I know many of you are anxious to see this kid and whatnot), I have some photos:


Kitty in a bag.


Snow from Monday night (I think).


Poor Hobbes trying to pee outside (we tried to dig a patch out for him so he could pee easier, but he totally preferred peeing directly into the snow).


This was from earlier today before it started snowing again really hard.


Another view of that.


Mmyeah . . . we won't be sitting in that lawn furniture for awhile.


The street (before the second snowing, still).


Across the street before the second snowing.


Across the street when the second snowing started. This was a couple hours ago. It's still coming down hard like that. Willis needs to come home now.


This is basically what Hobbes is doing while I'm on the computer.

Okay . . . I should go drink some fluids and sit on my ball 'cause my back aches. (Which, by the way, could be a sign of labor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment