Friday, January 25, 2008

Am I Rubbing Off On Her?


Aside from the fact that I can't wake Nora up to save my life (she's been waking up like clock work for her feeding times, though), I've only got one major thing to report today. Wait. No. I actually have a couple of things.

Firstly, I scored a bath today because she's been so sleepy. I had her in the bouncy seat next to the tub, and I took a quick, stealthy bath while she snoozed. It was necessary. I have a feeling she's asleep so she doesn't have to realize she's smelling me or something. I even dried my hair while she was in the room, and it didn't wake her. I think I even dribbled water on her face accidentally, and she didn't care.

Secondly, last night when I was trying to get her to go to sleep, she was in a state of light sleep where she makes all kinds of faces. I like to watch her when she does this 'cause sometimes she gets this really sweet, charming smile going. (I can't wait until she does that for real.) Anyway, she was definitely making this sweet smile face, and I swear to you that I heard her chuckle. It was only -like- two chuckles, but she definitely went, "Heh heh!"

Then, her face, of course, went back to her usual sleep face. Willis was totally asleep next to me when it happened, and I didn't wake him up to tell him. I swear it happened, though.

Good grief. I'm really lookin' forward to when this kid is interactive. I think she's warming up for it.

I even tried vacuuming today to wake the kid up, and she slept through that, too. I think I'm gonna try changing her diaper. That usually gets her good and mad for awhile.

I'm thinking this is probably a good thing it's Friday. I have a feeling she may give me a run for my money tonight when we try to get some sleep.

Dilly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment