Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

















This weekend was hardcore. I'm seriously tired. We went to Seymour Saturday morning for Willi's Great Uncle's funeral (I didn't attend the funeral. I actually got to sit at Willi's Aunt's house with Nora while he went with his siblings). There was a luncheon afterwards, and Willi and his siblings came to get me from the Aunt's house for it. So, some of the Brown family got to meet Nora for the first time, which was nice. There are some photos of that up there.

Saturday afternoon, we went over to my parents and hung out with them for awhile. We ate dinner there, and I went through clothes with Mom (and Nora) while Dad and Willi hung out in the living room. It didn't seem like we were there very long, and I didn't have much opportunity to take photos, unfortunately. Maybe when they stop by this week, I'll get some good ones.

Saturday night, we went to Lafayette to hang out with Amanda and Ian. We haven't seen Ian since Nora was born, so we wanted to hang out with him. I stayed up much later that evening than I thought I could, and I'm still recovering from that today. I'm sure Willis is exhausted, and I know Nora is exhausted, too. Even Hobbes is exhausted. He went to bed at -like- 6 p.m. last night, and he didn't want to wake up this morning when Willis got up. In fact, he went back to bed after Willis left for work.

Speakin' of Hobbes: do you see his awesome bandanna? Amanda gave that to him. It's so awesome. I think he likes it. He's all stylish in it. He had a good time this weekend with his doggy cousin Riley.

Sunday, Scott and Mary came home from Hawaii, and we went to lunch with them, Ian, and Amanda. We came back to the house after a bit to visit afterwards. Liz and Cal came by to meet Nora for the first time—Liz had mentioned on Facebook that she wanted to meet Nora. So, I was glad she finally got to meet her.

Then, Willi and I came home, and we basically spent the whole evening on our bums watchingThe Bourne Ultimatum and The Sound of Music. Believe it or not, I've never seen The Sound of Music all the way through. We missed the very beginning last night, too, so I still have never seen it all the way through. I saw more of it last night than I've ever seen, though.

Nora spent more time in the car than she's ever spent, and while she was a stinkin' angel the whole time, she still got really tired of being in that car seat. Poor kid. She cried a couple of times while we were in transit, and it was the saddest sounding cry I've ever heard. She slept really well for us last night. I think it's just because she was exhausted. I'd love to catch a nap with her this afternoon, but I really can't. There's too much to do.

I need to clean and organize my house again. Badly. In fact, that's what I really need to be doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment