Monday, March 10, 2008

Fastest Weekend of My Life, What Do You Think!?

















Sersly. That weekend flew. We were in Wolcott, Indy, I was in Bargersville, Columbus, and then Lafayette. Dude. What a weekend! Friday night, we stayed with my Ps, and then Saturday night, we stayed over at Amanda and Josh's. Sunday, we stopped by the Browns. Willi had somewhere to be in Indy, and I went to visit some of my good ol' buddies over in Bargersville at my friend Ariel's house. I saw Ariel, Bethy, Brenda, Jamie, and Jeremy. I saw a bunch of little munchkins, too. It was awesome. I can tell Nora is still wiped out from the weekend, too. She's been napping most of this day, and she slept really well for us last night—even with the nuts time change. We always seem to be in the Eastern time zone when we spring forward. In doing that, we always lose two hours for a little while. It's harsh. Harsh harsh harsh. Stupid daylight savings time. I don't have a clock to change for my baby. She's got her own little clock.

I need to get to the grocery sometime today. The time change has me all whacked out, though. I hope I can pull it off. We'll see. So far, I still have yet to eat lunch. So . . . yeah.

Oh. I got my first ever speeding ticket yesterday. Yeah. It was on 52 between Lebanon and Lafayette. I got pulled over by a guy in a black Dodge Charger. What's sick: I have no idea how fast I was going, and I figured it was somewhere around 70 ('cause it's so easy to go -like- 80 on 52 without even realizing it, and I've definitely done that before). He clocked me at 75 in a 60. Luckily, he gave me a ticket for 74 in a 60. Yeah. Willi was there and got to watch that happen. What's more: I was totally bragging to Willis about a half hour prior that it has been about three years since my accident on our wedding day. I was saying, "Our insurance should be going down here pretty soon! Plus, I haven't been pulled over in YEARS!"

So much for that. Frick! (Excuse my language.) I lose.

There was a winter advisory for everywhere we were this weekend, yet it didn't start snowing on us until we were almost home last night. How do you like them apples?

Um. I'm really getting close to needing it to just be spring already. I'm cold.

Our dog is totally laying in our bed right now, and I know that when I stand up to go somewhere in the house, he's going to hop down and pretend he was in his little bed the whole time. He's already done it one other time today. He thinks he's smarter than me, and in this particular situation, he totally is. I can't scold him for being on the bed when he's not on it when I catch him. Punk.

Nora travels well, we discovered, so that's awesome. She did cry for a good half hour or 45 minutes last night, though, and we aren't sure if it's because she was ridiculously exhausted or if I ate something that bothered her. I'm guessing it was the former since she's been napping more than she's been awake today.

Okay . . . this lost hour has me really screwed up. I need to get moving to accomplish a thing or two today.

No comments:

Post a Comment