Friday, August 1, 2008

Jeepers Creepers

This baby girl is growing so fast. I can't stand it!

There's something I forgot to mention about this little rat's development. She's been doing this for a good, long while now. I think it's been at least a month. Whenever I change her shirt and she's playing with a toy, she always switches hands with the toy as I pull each arm through the sleeves. I thought that was pretty cool the first time I saw her doing it. It amazes me that she would think to do that. It would seem that there's a bit of object permanence realization going on there.

Have I mentioned before that she's a ninja when it comes to glasses? Oh, yeah. She whips glasses off of people's faces and slimes them all up before they even realize they're gone. I think I'm going to get some contacts at my next eye appointment this year.

Nora's been doing really well with solid foods lately. I think since the banana introduction, she's been willing to try more foods.

I looked for a splat mat at Wal-Mart yesterday. (Nora's been winging things at feeding time.) Would you believe they don't have them? Instead, I bought a one-dollar, plastic, table cloth, and I cut it into two pieces: one for the chair, and one for the floor. That should do the trick, I'd say.

I picked up a phone for my office at Wal-Mart yesterday, as well. This one has speaker phone capabilities (which I'll be needing in the near future). After a small battle with said phone in my office, I now have a sweet office phone hooked up on the wall near my computer. It's nice to have a third phone in the house. We were always running to find a phone somewhere. This oughtta help with that.

As usual, I have some photos:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She knows what to do for that camera!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nora can touch the animals on her bouncy seat now.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I bought her a ball yesterday. It's the first toy I've ever bought for her. She loves it. 
What's sad: Hobbes thought the ball was for him. Poor dog.

I got some larger diaper covers (size medium) from my sister, Jody, this week. Oh, man. That makes a serious difference. She's not blasting up her back and into her shirt anymore. Thanks, Jody!

Also, thank you both Jody and Julie for the baby clothes you've given us. Nora has been wearing lots of them! It's neat to put something on her and vaguely remember seeing it on a niece.

Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment