Friday, August 8, 2008

Trip Eights

It's 8.8.08 today. That's kind-of fun. Some stuff has happened since the last time I posted. I'll just list it below:
  1. I forgot to mention that I got sushi from the grocery store and ate it every night Willi was gone. It was glorious. (I finally got my stinkin' sushi!)
  2. Nora didn't want to sleep the night before/morning of my birthday (Wednesday). I'm not sure if it was because Willi was gone or because she's teething. It was a rough night/morning. There was lots of crying and nursing.
  3. My birthday happened. I turned 27 on August 6th (tree years shy of tirty).
  4. On my birthday, my phone would not stop ringing, and it was mostly people calling from work (and they weren't calling to chit chat or anything like that). I about went nuts like I did when I was at my due date with Nora still in my belly.
  5. Luckily, my mother-in-law, Mary, was here during all of that, and she was taking care of Nora for me while I ran around like a chicken with my head removed.
  6. I actually was able to do a couple of housework things while Mary watched Nora. I did a load of diapers and I vacuumed part of the house.
  7. Mary brought me a birthday cake.  It is tasty.
  8. I got some awesome news from my good friend, Lena.
  9. I went to the dentist later that day, and I had a better experience this time since I no longer have pregnancy gingivitis. (No cavities!)
  10. Willi came home while I was at the dentist (the dentist was a half hour behind, and I had intended to be back before Willi got home).
  11. Willi and I went out to eat while Mary watched Nora for us. I got a free slice of cheesecake!
  12. Nora took a three-hour nap yesterday morning.
  13. Someone from Freecycle offered to come pick up our sand on Saturday morning. I really hope they do.
  14. I got a library card at my local library, and I had no idea what I wanted to read. So, I picked up the first book that caught my eye. It was called This Book Will Save Your Life. I read the first two pages, and I hated it. I absolutely hated it. I'll be taking that back, and Willi handed me The Hobbit to read instead. I do intend to use the library for other things, though. It's a really sweet library. Maybe I'll do some research and figure out what's good to read these days.
  15. Nora figured out how to take off her diaper cover. This is why it's a good thing she's not in disposables at the moment.
  16. She's not quite crawling yet, but she's thinking about it very seriously.
  17. That's about it.
And now, it's time for a cute photo of Nora from today.

Photobucket

Sersly.

For now, Dilly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment