Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh, Life (Is Bigger Than Me, and I'm Fairly Small-ish)

My life has been rather interesting of late. I think I'll have to do this in bullet point mode, but first, I have to share this video.



She's a lot of fun. Okay. Now, it's time for the bullet points.

  • Last Thursday, I was cleaning up the cat litter box area (for the first time since before I got pregnant with Nora), and I discovered a giant, brown, freshly dead, spotted slug. Don't ask me how it got into the basement. It frightens me to think about it. Slugs weird me out ever since I saw Ron puking them up in the third Harry Potter movie.
  • Yes, we still have the basement hole.
  • We saw the Kaedings, the Campbells, Paige, and Kevin this weekend at the Kaeding house. It was refreshing to see all of them. Nora did swimmingly: she came with us. We had a good time. We're tired now, but we had a good time. I seriously think that Nic and Jason should own a bed and breakfast or something because they seriously set us up while we were there. It was pretty sweet. They were quite hospitable.
  • I had a doctor appointment today. I think I'll start a new set of bullet points just for that.
I haven't been to a family practice doctor in ages, and I made this appointment long ago when I thought it was time to get us established with a regular doctor here. I decided I should probably ask about my wrist pain while I was in there (my wrist has been bothering me since I started working from home). Here's how it went:
  • I got three shots today.
  • I apparently have the beginnings of carpal tunnel.
  • I got a wrist x-ray.
  • Now, I'm wearing a cheesy, sexy wrist guard while I'm typing this (and I have to wear it all the time while working/typing/etc. now).
I'm just really glad that I asked Kelly to watch Nora for me while I went. I almost brought her with me. That would have been serious. Luckily, we are now established with a doctor in this town. So, if either one of us needs to go, it should be a fairly painless process.

Regular bullet point format will resume now:

  • Nora has three teeth that are teasing us about their arrival. It's been fairly sad.
  • I worked a lot the past two weeks. This week, I intend to take it a bit easy. I may not really have a choice in that matter, though, because I've just finished two major projects. After that happens, I tend to have a bit of a famine when it comes to work.
  • We still haven't decided on a contractor for our bathrooms. In fact, we have one full quote from one contractor, and we just heard from the other contractor in the last two days. Apparently, he dropped off a quote at some point, and it got "lost." Mmmyeah. I'm not so sure about that. I'm, like, here all the time almost. We'll see, though. If the price is right, we might like him.
  • I'm watching Randy and Kelly's little Marian three days a week for a couple hours at a time (and maybe sometimes four days a week). She's about four months older than Nora, but she's the same size. It's pretty wild. Nora looks so funny next to her. Marian is already practically walking, and Nora isn't quite crawling yet. So, I'm sure you can imagine how strange it is to see.
Willi's home. Must talk to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment