Monday, February 9, 2009

I Know I'm Boring, and I'm Okay With That

As usual, I'm waiting for my work computer to load. It's taking for-stinking-ever, for some reason. In fact, my personal computer is taking for-stinking-ever today, too. I'm not sure what's up with that. I'm not a fan.

In other news, I did another stint of single parenting over the weekend. Willi had to go to the Annual Sales Meeting for work, and he had to stay overnight in Merrillville. Nora and I went to church without him on Sunday, and he didn't get home until about 4 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. I'm about done with all this nonsense. He's only got one more evening of serious time consumption, and then that should be it for awhile. Thank God.

On Sunday after church, Nora took a good nap for me, and I got a chance to sit around and watch all kinds of movies that were on AMC. I caught the entirety of Mystic River. Holy crap. Have you seen that movie? It's rather depressing. It's particularly hard to watch if you have at least one kid. Other than that, I was flipping through some other movies from time to time. Those movies were The Family Stone, Wedding Crashers, Apollo 13, Working Girl, some Richard Gere movie, and The Object of My Affection. I might have caught some of these on Saturday night or Sunday morning, too. Those two days are kind-of blending together now. It was sweet, though. I haven't vegged out like that in a long time.

Here are some recent photos of the rascal.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  
This kid took almost a four-hour nap this afternoon. Now, she's all cranky. She just woke up. She is typically cranky for a little while when she wakes up from her nap. It's pretty sad. I'm not sure why that is. She just always wakes up crying, and then nothing I can do will cheer her up (except for maybe getting her some juice).
 
It got fairly warm on Saturday. All the giant icicles melted off all the houses around here, and a large portion of the snow is gone. There's still snow covering most of the ground, which is unfortunate. I expect that most of it will be gone after Tuesday (it's supposed to get rather warm tomorrow). We actually had our windows open for part of the day, and Willis and I even sat on the front porch for awhile when Nora was napping. (I would equate us to turtles sitting on a log at a pond or something. We had to get out and feel the sun, man.) I wasn't even chilled! It's days like that one that make me really yearn for spring. I have a feeling that tomorrow's going to be a lot like that, too.
 
In other news, my hair is looking absolutely fabulous lately. I could totally be in a Pantene commercial or something. It's almost ridiculous how thick and luscious it is. Unfortunately, I'd be disqualified from any commercials right now because my skin is breaking out like I'm fourteen again. I guess we can't have it all at the same time, can we?
 
I've really not got much else to report. I've been keeping busy with this little, walking rascal and work. Baby number two is still on the way, and he/she is fairly soft-spoken so far. Don't hold me to my word or anything, but I'm kind-of getting a boy vibe this time. I say this because I'm much less emotional than I was when I was pregnant with Nora. In fact, I'm much less emotional right now than I am when I'm not pregnant. So, that's why I'm thinking this one could be a boy. We'll see. I think I was thinking that Nora was a boy near the end of my pregnancy, though, so I don't think I'm very good at this game.
 
Nora's still cranking out on me at the moment, and my work computer stuff finally loaded. So, now I can go downstairs and try to enjoy the evening for a bit before Willi comes home and lets me go to yoga.
 
Dilly out!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to refer to Baby #2 as something like Fleetwood or Scrappy Doo. May I choose a nickname while he or she remains on the inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on baby #2.  You aren't wasting any time, are you? Motherhood must suit you well.  :)  I've pretty much given up on xanga, but I *do* myspace and more recently, facebook regularly.  Anyways, good luck and congrats!  :)

    ReplyDelete