Friday, February 6, 2009

She Just Wanted Some Juice

Nora woke up from her nap at about a quarter to three, and she was just irreconcilable. Nothing I could do would make her happy. I did do some deep squats with her in my arms, and I guess she chuckled at those, but only briefly. If I put her down or did anything else, she was back to screaming. After about ten minutes of trying to cheer her up, I finally realized that she was saying, "Juice."

So, I went downstairs, got her some juice (while she waited at my feet), and I cut up half of a banana and put it in a little bowl for her. Now, she's sitting in the hallway by the mirror, and she's happily watching herself eat and drink. She occasionally stops to giggle and talk to her reflection. She flashed me a good smile a few moments ago as well.

Oh! And now, she's wearing her bowl as a hat. She's gotten into putting her plates and bowls on her head lately. This means that I'm going to have to bathe her every day, most likely. I definitely smelled strawberry jelly in her hair earlier today (and she's got a great, stiff-looking do).

I wasn't kidding when I said this kid is growing up. It's all happening right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment