Monday, May 4, 2009

Grateful

I am grateful for two things (other than my usual) today:
  1. I am grateful they fixed the elevator at my OB's office. I'm not sure I could've drug myself, Nora, and her bag of entertainment up three flights of stairs with the remnants of this death cold I've got going on.
  2. I'm grateful for the Z-pack that my CNM prescribed me so I can whip this cold once and for all. I took the first dose over an hour ago, and already, I'm hacking up much, much less of a lung.
In other news, baby boy Brown is cruisin' right along all quiet-like. I've only gained three pounds so far, apparently. I eat like a champ, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that. I'm not too worried (and my CNM didn't seem terribly worried—although she did tell me to eat more). I don't know if I can eat more than I already do, though.

Baby boy Brown's heartbeat is a bit slower than I remember Nora's being. His was clocking in at 146 today, and I remember Nora's being in the low 150s, I think.

Speaking of Nora, she totally cried when the nurse took my blood pressure (and I think it made the nurse kind-of sad). She also cried when Lisa (my CNM) was checking the baby's heartbeat. She's never done that before. What a weird little girl! I was sure to tell the nurse that she cried when Lisa checked the baby's heartbeat—just to assure her that it wasn't her that Nora didn't like.

That's all for now! Dilly out.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe she was scared? Aww...Thomas gets scared of the most random things. Good grief, I am so excited that you are going to have another cute little baby Brown. :) Yay! Have you tried getting Nora to play with baby dolls? Like, rocking them or holding them or anything? I wouldn't even know where to begin to teach Thomas how to interact with a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @oh_susanna_o - I should totally bust out a baby doll one of these days to see what she'll do. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TheDill - Thomas has a baby doll that he loves. He snuggles it, gives it kisses, and even rocks it...then drops it on the ground to go pick up another toy. haha

    ReplyDelete