Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This and That and Probably Some TMI

Life has been pretty busy for this lady. Nora has been getting into a lot more than she used to, so that's been taking a lot of my attention. She's also started "negotiating" with me, but I have no idea what she's saying. All I know is that she's completely serious and quite irritated with me when this happens. It typically happens at the end of baths (when I'm asking her if she's all done) and when she's grabbing the diaper sprayer off of the toilet (when I'm telling her to put it back).
 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  
I love how Nora sits on her knees when she's playing with her toys. She just looks so tiny like that—and so focused!
 
She's also saying a new word every day, it seems. I can't keep track of all of the words she's been saying. I do know that she's consistently signing "please," now. So, that's really cool. When Willis gets milk for her in the morning, she often times doesn't want to say please, but after he wears her down for a good three minutes (can you say, "Please?"), she typically gives in. It cracks me up. I always come downstairs in the morning to this little argument (she seriously gets aggravated with him about it). It's awesome.
 
Nora's a chatty little thing. I just wish I had a clue as to what she is saying. Every day, it sounds a little more like real speech, and I know that understanding her isn't terribly far off. It's just so funny to hear, though, and it's funny how serious her face can be when she's "telling" me something.
 
She also still sings a lot, and I still totally love that. I can't wait until we can tell what songs they are, too.
 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
 
Here are some belly photo attempts from today. Nora caught sight of the camera and went after it in that middle photo. That's definitely her hand over the lens, and that's my belly behind her (I'm trying to prevent her from getting her mitts on the camera).
 
In other news, I have been making BLATs for lunch this week. I've been craving them. (BLATs are bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato sandwiches.) De. Lish.
 
Also, can someone tell Subway to stop it with their Five Dollar Foot Long ad campaign already? I'm about ready to bomb something, and it's all Subway's fault (and all the idiots they've got in their commercials).
 
In other other news, I had to take Hobbes to the vet yesterday. He had been licking his bum for about 36 hours straight, and that's not normal for him. It turns out that he had an abscessed anal gland. The vet had to lance it. How sick is that? He's still licking his bum nonstop, unfortunately. I imagine that it's itchy and healing now. He's on meds for it, and it's quite ridiculous. I really can't wait for him to quit licking his bum 'cause it also makes me want to break things and not sleep. It's a little better today in frequency, I suppose, so I have hope that tomorrow will be even better. Sick dog.
 
Oh, and I drugged him before I took him to the vet. He has a bit of an anxiety issue when I take him there, and I bought some tranquilizer pills from the vet so I could drug him before he comes. Unfortunately for me, he was so freaked out about going there that the drug didn't affect him until, like, two hours after we got home. We had major issues getting him up onto the table, and that punk weighs 56 pounds. They didn't make me try long (it's fairly obvious I'm pregnant and shouldn't be wrestling with a flailing 56 pound dog up above my shoulders—although I do wrestle with a nearly 25 pound fish-toddler above my shoulders now and again). They took him into the back, and I think they may have had to drug him even more to do the lancing procedure (they didn't mention to me that they did, but Hobbes was a lot more hungover than usual yesterday afternoon/evening). Yiiiiick. So, that was fun. Not.
 
Whelp. That's all for now. You kids have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. So, this looks like it was a fun day, eh? I think it's hilarious that you guys kind of annoy your daughter into saying "please". I totally plan on doing that someday, for my kids will have them some manners! Well done!

    ReplyDelete