Friday, May 8, 2009

Toddlerama

Miss Nora is a full-fledged toddler these days. She's been doing lots of running, climbing (more on that in just a moment), and lots of tantrum throwing. Her tantrums aren't completely terrible. She gets good and mad at me, and sometimes she even hits or kicks me when she gets mad. I spend a lot of time saying things like, "We do not hit," and waiting for her to calm down.

This week, Nora started moving my office chair to climb up to the phone that's hanging on my wall. She's wiped out on it a couple of times (she usually does this when I try to snag a shower or when I'm, like, in the bathroom or something), but that doesn't seem to dissuade her from doing it over and over again. (Some photos of her doing this are below.)

This morning, while I was giving Nora some regularly scheduled naked time (and while I was picking out an outfit for her to wear for the day), she pulled my office chair up to my desk and actually climbed clear up on top of it. I walked in here to find her squatting between my home computer and my work computer with my camera in hand. Luckily, she didn't pee or anything. Good grief, man. I never would've expected that she could get clear up there! I'd have totally taken a picture of it if a.) she hadn't been totally in the buff and b.) she didn't have the camera in her clutches. It looks like life might have just gotten a bit more interesting for me (and by interesting, I mean complicated).

She has started being interested in "cleaning" whenever I bust out the vacuum, a broom, the dust mop, or the dust rags. So, yesterday, I took my friend Brenda's advice (she suggested I get real cleaning supplies that Nora can use—brilliant!) and picked her up a duster (washable microfiber) so she can help out whenever cleaning time happens (which I'll admit is probably more rare than it should be with the fur-flinging jerks we have around here).

I need to get to work this morning, so I'll go ahead and take this time to post some photos from the last week. Enjoy!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment