Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nora Pants: Sweet, Little Bugger

Nora's getting to be a really sweet, big sister. She always tries to cheer Henry up when he's crying, and today, she made music play on Henry's bouncy seat so she could dance for him. It was really neat to see.

She gives him kisses and will pat him sometimes. I really am surprised at how much she seems to accept and love him now. I wish I could get her going, "Oooh, beebee," on tape. It's so stinking cute—she says that when he's crying (because sometimes I say that when he's crying).

I said, "I love you, Nora" today, and she goes, "I love you!"

That was pretty cool. She hasn't ever said it back quite like that before (not without being asked to say it back).

Nora also likes to dip pretzels in mustard like her mother does. Oh, she's going to be a fan of condiments yet! (Condiments are how I get this kid to eat these days.) She goes, "Diiip? Diiip?" when she wants some ketchup, mustard, or barbecue sauce.

She's saying so many things now, and she's really starting to talk like a little person instead of just a toddler. It's so crazy to watch this happen. (The other day, I heard her going, "Ready!? Set!? GOOO!" while she was playing with a ball.)

Oh, and she actually knows the colors green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, and red, and she can say them. She just started getting those all right in the past day or two.

She's been a fantastic sleeper and napper lately, and I am very thankful for that. Henry's working on it, of course. He could be worse with sleeping. I have to remember that.

She still loves to carry things around and sort things and move things and organize things. I do wonder sometimes if she's going to be a bit OCD. She does like to play with the broom, dust mop, and whisk broom and dust pan I got for her. That's pretty fun. Maybe she'll help me clean this place for real in the near future! Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to when I can teach her to do her own laundry? She needs to grow, like, several feet first, of course, but it'll be nice, anyway.

Oh, and Nora's totally been grabbing those Asian beetles and throwing them into the toilet. (I did it once, and now she thinks that's where they go.) I'm totally okay with that. We've got about a million of them in here.

I can't believe she's already 22 months old (for those on the home team, that's a year and ten months). She's a sweet kid. I'm lucky to be her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment