Monday, April 12, 2010

Vaycay 'n Stuff

Last week, we were on vacation. We didn't go anywhere or anything like that, but we did manage to attempt some serious projects. The only one that actually got completed was re-caulking the downstairs shower.

The one that didn't get completed is well on its way to being completed. If we'd have had a week's worth of perfect weather, we'd be wrapping up the finishing touches. Instead, we still have some sections to complete. (Pictures will be coming in a separate post.)

The weather started off wonderfully at first, and then it just got cold and gross and rainy. We didn't complain too much. After all, we can't control the weather.

We did, however, complain a lot that the kids didn't really want to sleep. It was kind-of painful.

During our vacation, we were able to meet Chris Fulkerson's fiancée, Carrie. They were here for a short time over the first weekend (Easter weekend). It was nice to finally meet her and to see Chris again! (I totally approve of Christopher's choice, by the way!)

We also briefly saw the Cooks as well! The girls had a good time playing together, I think. So did the dogs. Sort of. (Other dogs don't tend to like Hobbes because he's a bit too, um, intense.)

We did enjoy having Willis home with us, and we did accomplish an insane amount regardless of the weather and lack of sleep. Vacation makes me want more vacation. It's like crack or something. Or, just maybe sugar.

In other news, I was a bit annoyed this morning to get a call from an ophthalmologist to whom I had intended to bring Henry. The woman told me that the only thing they would do for him is to send him to a pediatric ophthalmologist in Valparaiso. So, they thought they'd save me the trouble of coming. I wanted to be like, "Oh. Gee. Thanks. Why couldn't you have done that a couple weeks ago when I made that appointment?"

I guess I should be grateful I didn't get to drag all of us in there (Nora, Henry, and myself) for that. But, I am not (although, I am trying to be). Maybe I needed a longer vacation?

So, now, we have to wait until Monday to go to Valparaiso (instead of just going about ten blocks tomorrow). I much dislike Valparaiso. For lots of reasons. But, that is neither here nor there (well, I guess it is "there," but you know that cliché).

Plus, the appointment is going to be at 11 a.m. which is, like, prime freak out time for Nora. They had suggested 1:30 p.m., but that, believe it or not, would be worse. I get the impression that this place is fairly busy. Le sigh.

I hope there isn't an insane wait. I might die. I say this because Nora has been doing some serious will- and boundary-testing the last few weeks (terrible twos?), and I know she'll work it pretty hard if she's tired, if she's hungry, and if we're in public.

She's also regressed quite a bit in potty training. I hear (and I've read) that's normal, but that doesn't make it any less sad (or messy).

Neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment