Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Priority Shifts

The reason I haven't blogged much lately is simply because I've had some higher priorities. Those priorities mainly involve work, but when I'm not working, I like to be squishing my munchkin as much as possible. I also like to eat, sleep, and acknowledge my husband.
 
Just today, work started to slow down. I've been longing for this day for months! I think my work schedule will now turn into some semblance of normal. I'm thrilled about that. It's been a nuts couple of months.
 
I just got a new router over the weekend for our internet. Apparently, that's what's been crippling my connection with work. Once I made the switch, it was almost sad how awesome it was. Then, today, my hard drive on my work computer was full. So, if it's not one thing, it's another. I was able to take care of that issue on my own, though. I freed up a few gigs by moving some files to external hard drive. Now, I'm going to try to back all that up onto the server. With the new router, that should be a faster process than normal.
 
Now that you're asleep, I'll wake you up with some pics.
 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  
Yay for photos of the Nora Bean! My personal favorites involve the shredded toilet paper. She's rather pleased with herself in those photos.
 
Speakin' of Nora, she's been a lot of stinkin' fun lately. Every midmorning, we have to have a chase-fest. That usually devolves into us chuckling on the guest bed and me eating her cheeks. Then, once I wear her out, she actually cuddles with me for a bit. As she gets older, I find that she does actually enjoy a cuddle now and then. It's pretty stinking sweet. She's getting cuddly with Willis, too. I think he approves.
 
I got her a new sippy cup that has a weird straw mechanism on it. She likes it for the most part, but she often forgets that she can't lift it up like she lifts up a usual sippy cup (all the fluid falls under the straw to the other side of the cup). When this happens, she gets angry, throws the cup down, and kicks it across the room while she screams. I pick her up, sit her on my lap, and I show her how she needs to hold the cup. She's fine again after that, and she'll even smile at me with a face that says, "Thanks, Mom."
 
She is starting to throw some decent fits. It's pretty awesome. I typically just have to sit there and wait it out since we still have a bit of a communication gap happening. Luckily, she doesn't do this out in public. Yet. (We don't get out much, though.) Sometimes, I can distract her from whatever it is that she wants (that she can't have), and that works after a few seconds sometimes. She gets over stuff fast, though, and that's nice.
 
She's starting to say some words now and then, too, and some words, she doesn't repeat more than once. She copies us a lot, I think. She definitely has a crazy language of her own these days, too, and she's not at all shy about speaking it to anyone. She also enjoys phones and computers. A lot.
 
Nora discovered that she has two penguins yesterday. She found her soaking wet penguin in the hamper (she had dropped him in the shower while I was showering, and I gave her the imposter when I got out). Hopefully that didn't mess with her too much.
 
Maggie took her pictures over a week ago, and I have a link to the Pictage site if you're interested in seeing those pics. They're ridiculously sweet. Send me an email if you'd like to peruse.
 
Baby number two is comin' along, although quietly. I barely remember I'm pregnant most of the time except for the fact that I'm constantly starving and I get up to pee in the middle of the night. I'm in amazing shape right now since I've been chasing baby number one around so much. In fact, at my last doctor appointment, I had only gained a pound, and I still haven't gained the weight back that I had previously lost. So, I'm still down in the weight department, which is pretty wild. I still weigh less than I did before I got pregnant with Nora. Figure that one out. None of my clothes fit. It's fantastic. I also can't go buy new ones because I have no idea what size I should be getting. So, for the next year or so, I'm going to be looking ridiculous. Deal with it.
 
Now that things are slowing down from work, I'm hoping to get outside more, clean up the house, do some laundry, and blog some more. We'll see how well that works out. I still have some projects to do, but hopefully, I can budget time now.
 
In the meantime, I'm going to go get something to eat. You kids have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment