Friday, February 5, 2010

Life, Bullet-Style (and in No Particular Order)

  • Henry has become the sleeper, and Nora has become the night-waker. I'm not sure what's up with that, but it is sad.
  • During the day, Nora is the napper and Henry is the nap-fighter. There is no rest for the mommies. Evah.
  • I am down eight pounds. (I think we are four weeks into this thing.)
  • I was concerned about getting hours for work recently, and as soon as I got all worried about it, I got bombarded. So, that's both awesome and nutty. (This also explains my lack of blog posts.)
  • I made Nora a new diaper cover recently (for her giant, night-time bum). I am in the process of making a second, and I hope to get some photos of those. I actually used a pattern this time, and the one I have finished seems to be doing the trick. I am making them out of red fleece, and I'm using metal button snaps. I'm quite proud of myself.
  • Henry is teething. Yep.
  • Nora is teething, too (molars or something). Even better.
  • I watched Groundhog Day on Groundhog Day. I should own that movie. Nobody is nearly as excited about it as I am. This is what I have learned.
  • I get a bit squeamish when I see obvious exclamations of love on Facebook. If you've bore the brunt of my outward, unkind squeamishness, I am sorry. I can't help myself. I can't make any promises to stop, but I'll promise to try. (And no: this behavior flaw of mine does not indicate that I think my husband is a putz.) I say this because Valentine's Day is coming up, and I thought I should probably pre-apologize in case things get out of hand.
  • Nora is not potty trained, but she shows a smidgen more interest in it every three days.
  • I am having a love affair with mustard because not only is it low in calories, but it is also delicious.
  • I hope Drew Brees and the Colts win the Superbowl (and no: I'm not saying that I want the Saints to win. Drew Brees can "win" without "winning").
  • I secretly hope that Peyton Manning and Justin Timberlake commercials (typically Sony, but I don't care who the company is or the message unless it's about a website for having extramarital affairs) make up 80% of the advertising during the Superbowl.
  • Willis will be gone a good chunk of this weekend for work. Sad face.
That's about all of it, really.

Aaaaand scene!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, Valentine's Day always makes me itchy because this is when all my super mushy friends feel the need to gush more than usual. And I can't comment because then I'm the "bitter, single girl."Bunch of punks.LOVE Groundhog Day.

    ReplyDelete