Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Happenin's of the Chillin's

I haven't had much time to blog lately, but I've been keeping a running list of things to mention. Here's where I address all those things.

Nora


Helping Henry at nap time.
Every day, I lay Henry down for a morning nap. Every morning, Nora has to "help" him sleep. That means she needs to turn on every single noise-making device that is in the room in which he sleeps. One might think, "How many noise-making devices can there be, Jenny?"

The answer is three. Three. Some are louder than others.

Being scared, and being scared of the monster this morning.
Lately, Nora has been saying that she's scared. I'm not sure where this is coming from, but this morning, she actually said to Willis (as he pulled her out of bed), "Scared!"

He said, "Scared of what?"

She said, "Monster!"

What? Where did she get that?

Saying, "No!"
Nora has suddenly decided to start telling me "No!"

I'm not sure what that's all about. Or, maybe I do know what that's about. She's two, I guess.

Saying, "Good job, Mommy!"
She constantly says, "Good job, Mommy!" about everything I do. I rather enjoy that. It gives me a strangely awesome confidence boost (she even says this to me when we go to the bathroom together).

Saying, "Mommy . . . Mommy"
Nora's started saying my name just for the sport of saying my name. (Sometimes, she'll even throw me off by going, "Jenny!")

I'll equate that behavior with this video. Enjoy.







Potty Training
Nora's been doing great with potty training. We haven't moved to underwear yet (she tends to have accidents when underwear is involved). For now, she's just roaming about pants-less.

Brushing Teeth
She loves to brush her teeth, and she follows my every move. Even when I spit.

ABCs, Shapes, and Colors
She's doing really well with ABCs, shapes, and colors these days. I need to get some video of this.

Climbing out of her crib.
Today, she flopped out of her crib after her nap. Instead of crying (she hit the ground pretty hard), she goes, "I did it, Mom!"

Henry

Laughing
That kid has a belly laugh that could melt all the snow outside. We just don't get out there.

Coordination
He's getting good with his hand-eye coordination lately. He's also made an important, um, discovery . . . about himself.

Being Silly
He actually will make silly noises to get Nora's attention. It doesn't always work, but when it does, it's pretty funny to watch.

His Love for Daddy
He lights up when Daddy gets home. I think he loves the sound of his voice.

Both kids are kind-of on borrowed time at the moment. I've probably pushed my time on here a bit long. Gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment