Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas with the Dills and Other Fun Things


This weekend, my family came to our house for Christmas. Mom and Dad came Friday night, and then everyone else (minus sister Julie and fam) came for the day on Saturday. Everyone ended up leaving Saturday night because of the snow storm action. We did manage to have a pretty good time in the short time we had, though.

Here are some photos from that:















Ahh . . . good times. It went really fast, but it was really nice to see everyone who could come. It was awesome that everyone brought so much food, too. I barely had to do anything, which was lovely!

Julie and Dave, we hope you have a Merry Christmas! We missed you guys!

BTW, when Dad and Mom got there on Friday night, Dad brought in a computer for me! He apparently picked one up for me at Purdue Salvage, and then Jerm ended up setting me up on Saturday while he was there. I felt bad for him because it was that situation where he's the IT guy in the fam, and he spent the whole day putting my computer together. He forgot his shirt that says, "No I will not fix your computer."

Now, my computer situation at home is totally glorious. I was pretty crippled before with my old computer (my old computer was a beast I'd had since I graduated from high school—and it was old when I got it), but now it's awesome. We totally weren't expecting that, and it was a really nice surprise. Thanks Dad and Jeremy! That was incredibly thoughtful of both of you.

I didn't get a whole lot accomplished this weekend baby-wise, but I hope to this week.

In other news, a lady at work asked me to make some frosting labels (to fit on a Betty Crocker whipped frosting tub) for her kids. Apparently, her two little kids keep asking Santa for their own tubs of vanilla and chocolate frosting. I love it when people ask me to do stuff like this (and when I'm not busy) because it's a fun little break now and then. Here's what I came up with (I'm sure the sizing of these images is going to screw up the formatting on my site, but I don't really care).

Vanilla Frosting Label

Chocolate Frosting Label

We'll snow those kids yet. (She loved it, by the way.)

I'm humongous. Like, really humongous, and people keep asking me how I'm feeling. I think it's just going to get worse every day with that until this kid is here. By now, you know how much I love people asking me how I'm feeling. When they ask me, I just want to respond with, (SLAP!) "That's how I'm feeling. Good day."

And it's not that I'm feeling bad or uncomfortable: I'm just really, really tired of answering that question. It's that question (and others like it) that makes me feel like I've been pregnant for over a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment