Thursday, December 20, 2007

Rotundamundo

This morning, I went to see my CNM for my weekly appointment. I've apparently made a tiny bit of progress since she checked me two weeks ago. I'm not -like- ready to go or anything by any means, but I at least have some validation that the little "cramps" I've been feeling are, indeed, small contractions. So, that's fun.

As I was signing up for my next appointment on the way out the door, the lady at the front desk said that Lisa (my CNM) won't be back into the office again until the 31st. So, that meant that my next possible appointment with her would be on Wednesday, January 2nd. Yeah. You heard that right. That's the day before my due date. I stood there for a few minutes with my mouth hanging open (as I was under the impression that I'd be going in every single week for a checkup whether she was there or not), and all I could say was, "Oh. Okay."

I don't suppose it's the end of the world or that it's a terrible thing. It's less of a hassle for me, really. I just wasn't expecting it. At all.

So . . . I will have no new information for you until I either go into labor or January 2nd. Wow. Hello, reality.

Also, I am basically over my cold, but for some reason, I still have some "stuff" stuck in my throat that won't go up, down, or out. It's really, really frustrating. It needs to go away -like- a week ago.

In other news, check out this article about Brian Breed's retirement. It's a little more in-depth than the one I posted yesterday. It's a little darker, really. I'm still a bit stunned. On a more positive note, I have photos!


Here is yet another lovely Christmas photo from our work Christmas party. I look a little different this year.


This is me today at 38 weeks.


Here's a closer shot of that.


Frosty and Santa came in, and people made me pose with them.

That's all I've got photo-wise.

Boy . . . it's going to be an interesting two weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment