Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas

Christmas has come and gone, and I'm still pregnant. I don't suppose I am surprised. I have been feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions, though, I'm pretty sure. So . . . maybe we'll make some progress soon. This kid continues to try to escape out the side door. He/She also finds it humorous to stomp on my bladder while I walk to the bathroom.

We did manage to accomplish a little with the baby's room. I put up some curtains, and Willi put together the baby changer/chest of drawers (which is totally awesome, by the way).

BTW, Michael Bolton is on the radio right now. Bleh. *radio off*

I had another in-grown toenail this weekend. This whole "swollen feet" thing is gettin' to be quite an adventure.

The whole "throwing up in my mouth" thing has made a comeback lately. I was thinking that whole thing was over since the baby is hanging out a little lower these days. Not so. Not so.

Still no stretch marks on the belly, though. That still shocks me.

I also bit it on the stairs on Saturday evening in the house after dawning some brand new slippers (they don't have rubber soles or anything). At least it wasn't ice-related this time, so I didn't wipe out nearly as bad as I did the two times last year on the front and back steps of our house. I just landed on my butt kind-of hard, and it hurt for -like- a day and a half. No belly issues, though. I also managed to not spill even a quarter of the glass of water that I was holding in my hand when it happened, too. Yet, I got totally soaked. It was magical. The kid didn't even know anything happened. The dog felt bad for me. I could tell. He also helped cleaned up the water and chunks of ice from my glass. He's a good dog.

The Browns and Millers were around this weekend. They weren't around long, but it was a good visit while it lasted. We ate some food. We opened some presents. It was good times.

Everyone was gone by Monday at 3 p.m., and Willi and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas being totally lazy. It was awesome. It was especially easy for me to be lazy yesterday because I was literally winded just walking to the bathroom (I think it's the Braxton Hicks contractions in action).

Now, it's back to work for three days. Kid, you can show up any day now. You no longer will have to worry about sharing your birthday with Jesus. Let's go.
Dilly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment