Thursday, December 13, 2007

Stupid.


If I wanted to, I could be in a bad mood right now. Somehow, though, I've managed to fight it.

Here's why I could be in a bad mood. Someone removed my braunschweiger and cheese from the fridge at work today. I've had braunschweiger and cheese stocked in the fridge at work for nine months (and not the same package, mind you. I've been through several packages), now. Apparently, someone suddenly has a problem with that. Also, I was talking to some ladies in the lunch room today, and one of them started asking about names. I mentioned that Willis and I have a list of names that we're taking with us to the hospital, and I didn't really give any details. Then, another lady that was sitting in the room (and was not necessarily part of the conversation) actually looked at me and said, "You're not going to name it Willis if it's a boy are you?"

My gut reaction was to say, "Um . . . wow. That's not really any of your business," but luckily, I have a really strong filter on my mouth. So, what she heard me say out loud was, "Well . . . my husband is the fifth Willis, so . . . we might. We'll just have to choose a good middle name so that we can call the kid by that middle name, much like they did for him and his dad and so on."

The lady literally crinkled up her nose. The other ladies I was speaking with actually tried to help me out by saying, "It is tradition. People do this all the time."

Then, the crinkled up nose lady goes, "Well . . . you have to stop sometime."

See? I could be in a heck of a mood right now, but somehow, I'm able to just look at all this and say, "Well . . . that was stupid."

'Cause it is. It's stupid.

This also largely explains why I don't really talk about names with people. I like to avoid situations like that one.

In other news, I'm at 37 weeks today. I have an appointment this afternoon. Here's what I look like:



I'm also nearly over my cold now. It's not quite completely gone yet, but . . . it's really close.

And no. We don't have the baby's room ready yet, and we probably won't by the time he/she comes. Somehow, I'm getting less and less worried about it. I didn't think that was possible. I'm just falling into the mindset of "everything will work out," I guess. It always does, doesn't it? I can't do everything at once right now, and I'm realizing that and accepting it. That's about all I can do to keep my sanity.

Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment