Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday

I've gotta make this quick (in fact, I should not even be writing this right now) because I need to be getting us ready for the pediatrician. I've realized I need to start getting ready -like- two hours before we need to leave. It's serious. The appointment is at 12:45, so I'm really dumb for doing this right now. 

I ventured out to the grocery store yesterday to partially get out of the house and to also replenish a dwindling food supply. I also managed to make a pretty tasty, different meal last night to surprise Willi for Valentine's Day. We always are asking each other, "What do you want to do for dinner?"

The other one of us goes, "I don't know."

It gets monotonous. So, I thought for that particular day, I should just avoid that question altogether. It was pretty fun. I made a yummy vinaigrette salad that had baby spinach, honey, vinegar, bacon, salt, pepper in it, and then I grilled some chicken with some garlic and herb seasoning, salt and pepper, and topped it with some melted Brie cheese. I also made chocolate-covered strawberries, and we ate the whole batch! Mmmmm . . . my kitchen still smells like the remnants, and I love it.

I get to watch a lot of HGTV and the Food Network during the day. So, I get ideas for lots of things.

BTW, there's two other shows I love on HGTV that I didn't mention before: "Design on a Dime" and "Freestyle." Love them.

Nora cooed for the first time ever last night! What's funny: Willi had put her in the baby swing while we were eating dinner, and she was laying there, flailing. She usually doesn't do well in the swing when we're eating dinner, but all of a sudden, she let out this sound! At first, I thought she was about to scream because she was upset, but then I looked at her face. She was happy! It was awesome, and Willi got to be there for it. It was the best thing in the world! She also is enjoying a toy that Susanna got for her that I have clipped to the changing table. I keep swinging it in front of her to see if she'll follow it, and this morning, she was smiling at it. This is fun stuff.

Okay. For real. I need to get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment