Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day









This kid is growing so fast and changing so much every day that it's blowing my mind! I'm pretty sure she almost laughed at me while she was awake this morning. She was looking at me and raised her eyebrows. So, I did my crazy independent movement of my eyebrows back at her, and she smiled really big and went, "Heh."

She didn't think it was THAT funny, but it warranted one chuckle, apparently. So . . . that's probably good. She's got a good sense of humor off the bat. I won't have to work too hard on this one to develop that.

She just started really looking at us (and everything else) over the past few days, and that is really exciting. These shots of her looking up at Willis while he's on the phone are priceless. That was definitely a "first time" moment right there.

Last night, which is when those photos were taken of her looking at Willis, she was looking at us both and smiling up a storm! I now know for certain that she is smiling for real! Woohoo! I love it. It's the best thing in the world, and what better time for that heartwarming action than Valentine's Day? That's all I need: a smile from my little girl. Well . . . hanging out with my hubs later would be nice, of course, but he's not here. So, I have to take what I can get, and she's a pretty decent alternative. 

While I was holding her, feeding her, etcetera at my computer this morning, she found her thumb again and was sucking away. It's so funny when she does that because she takes the rest of her fingers and spreads them out over her face and nose. Now, she's asleep on my lap with her mouth open. I love that.

I may attempt a trip to the grocery store today. I'm not making any promises, but I'm really thinking about it. I know I can do it, but timing is everything. Can I put street clothes on, get ready, get her out into the car at the right time so she's not screaming and starving, etc.? We'll see. In the meantime, I should take advantage of the fact that she's asleep even though I'm really enjoying having her on my lap.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment