Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow, Dreams, and TV

















This kid is growing at a ridiculously rapid rate right now, it seems. Every day, she's so different. She slept so well for me last night—about six hours. I was hoping she would since she ate for about an hour and twenty minutes right before we went to bed.

We have 18 inches of snow right now. I included some photos from today's snow in that group (from our back yard). The snow is still coming down, too. Hard. If Hobbes were to actually be out in the snow in that one pic (instead of being on the shoveled sidewalk where he is), you would just see his body. He's pretty funny out in the snow today.

I was thinking of attempting to get to the grocery today in the Chevy, but I took one look outside this morning to find that I couldn't actually see the Chevy. I can't dream of digging out and getting out with Nora in tow. The last time I cleaned off the car while I thought she was sleeping (she had a pediatrician appointment that day that we had to get to), I came in to a poor, screaming little girl. I felt so sick about that when I heard her. I was only outside for about 10 minutes, but I hate to think that five minutes or more of that time she could've been screaming. I can't stand it when she cries. It's just so stinking sad.

Also in the photos, you can see that Hank discovered Nora's car seat. He drives me nuts, but he is mildly entertaining, I suppose.

In other news, I had a weird dream last night. I dreamed that Willis and I were trying to break out of a high-security prison. It was dirty and nasty there, and for a moment, my cousin Kate was there, too. I remember talking to her about dirty clothes or something, and then I remember finding her clean clothes buried in the yard somewhere. I was looking her buried clothes to find dirty ones to wash for her, but I just ended up making her clean clothes dirty. It was sad.

At one point, I heard a gunshot, looked over, and saw that a guard had shot Willis. They were shoving him into a truck, and I ran over there to find that he was still alive. I hopped into the truck with him (after pleading with a guard to let me do so). I remember talking to Willis momentarily in the truck. I think he said something to the effect of being surprised that I would chase after him like this, and I was like, "Duh. I love you."


Has anyone ever watched Paula Deen on the Food Network? That woman's accent cannot be real. Nobody in the South really talks like that, do they? She makes some tasty food, but it's kind-of hard to get through. Heck. Almost every show that I love to watch is a bit of a struggle when it comes to the actual chef. I have trouble watching Rachel Ray sometimes. She's a bit too "on."

The "Everyday Italian" lady kills me with her massive over pronunciation of everything. Her mouth moves so seriously in order to get out every syllable so specifically. She doesn't talk like a normal person. It makes me kind-of crazy, but yet, she makes good food. I imagine dudes would watch her 'cause she's quite attractive and displays her "goods" nicely.

Tyler Florence has yet to bother me. Maybe it's because he's a dude that cooks. He kind-of wins. When you're a dude and you cook, you win automatically, I think.

Some of the HGTV shows are a little like that, but those people seem to be a bit more subdued. I like to watch "Save My Bath," and sometimes they're a little too over-the-top. Sometimes "Divine Design" is, too. I guess they feel the need to "entertain," but what they don't realize is: if someone is watching the show, it's not for their cheesy, terrible jokes. I don't mind it if they truly are funny, but when they're not and they're trying. Well, that's just dumb.

Nora's suckin' her fingers and grunting in her sleep right now. She's passed out in my lap on the Boppy. She does this every morning for awhile. It allows me to get some stuff done on the computer, and I can hold her at the same time. I win.

I need to eat. I'm thinkin' I'll have some leftover hearty chicken and noodle casserole that I made last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment