Thursday, February 21, 2008

Very Star Trekkish

After I posted yesterday, I kept having some really creepy thoughts in the back of my mind. I kept thinking, "What if things went differently this morning with that accident, and what if I've gone crazy and made up an alternate outcome to what really happened? What if I wake up tomorrow and discover that Willis is really gone and everything that happened was completely fabricated by my mind?"

Even when Willis came home and even when we spent the evening together, I still had those nagging thoughts. I was almost afraid to go to sleep (except for the fact that I was utterly exhausted).

Willis told me last night that yesterday is most certainly the most scared he has ever been in his whole life. I told him that it may be the case for me as well. He asked me what it was that scared me, and I told him, "When the phone rang at 6:45 a.m., I KNEW something was wrong."

That was what scared me—the ringing phone so shortly after he left in such nasty weather. It wasn't so much anything else after that. I was terrified that he might be calling me to say that he was seriously hurt or worse—to say goodbye. I was pretty weak when I bolted to the phone. That is the worst fear I have ever known.

What's bizarre, though: we were watching an episode of Star Trek last night that completely encompassed the nagging fears I was having. It is from the final season of the series. Worf had some kind of mishap caused by Giordi's visor that sent him into alternate realities. He kept waking up in different realities, finding that everything he ever knew about his life was different. It was really, really creepy. (And yes: creepier than the fact that we are still watching the seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation.)

I woke up today, and I'm pretty sure I heard Willi get up, gather trash and recycling, and come in to tell me (and kiss me) goodbye. So, I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy. I called him awhile ago to be sure that he made it to work, and he was on the other end of the phone. So, I think I'm okay.

Without further ado, though, I need to share these photos with you:














These are all photos from the wreck that Willi took on his cell phone.











And these are all photos that I took last night, except for the one where she's screaming in her car seat. That was from the day before, when I took her to the grocery. These photos also help me prove to myself that I'm not crazy. So, that's good.

Gotta go! We have a date with the Cooks today!

No comments:

Post a Comment